Complaint Review: Pimsleur Approach

• Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: Elisa — Austin Texas United States of America
Pimsleur Approach
2811 Southampton Rd. Internet United States of America

Pimsleur Approach Stroll Unauthorized charges on credit card 3 months after returning product Internet

I ordered the $9.95 trial version of the Pimsleur Approach Spanish course. Honestly, I never even got around to opening the box.
    A little less than a month later I received a "Deluxe Gold Edition" course in the mail. Confused, I went and opened the original box that I received and a note inside congratulated me on enrolling in a rapid fluency program, and this "gold course" would be coming as a free 30 day trial. The note also said that I could cancel at any time within the free trial period.
    I called them that very day to cancel. They kept trying to talk me into keeping it a little longer, offered to make my free trial a few months longer, but I kept saying "no, thanks" so they gave me a code to write on the return box when I shipped it back to them. (Shipping it back to them cost over $25 by the way!)
    Three months later, thinking that I've wiped my hands of this mess, I'm going through my bank statements and guess what? They had been charging me for the last two months for something I sent back to them months ago! I even have confirmation that they received the returned product! What the heck!?! I had to go to my bank to dispute the charges and get a new card (most people know what a pain that can be, changing all your automatic payments and such) While I was there the clerk tried calling the phone number associated with this automatic withdrawal the Pimsleur people had on my account, and it turns out that it wasn't even a correct phone number! Yeah, pretty sure this is a scam.
    Oh, and just for clarification, I don't know if this is necessarily the Pimsleur Approach peoples doing, but the company or website that I ordered from, STROLL. However, Pimsleur can blame Stroll for people like me who are now going to talk crap about their product. After all the stress I went through and all the money I lost, who can blame me? Its not like either party is going to make an attempt to set things straight with me or anyone else who got ripped off. So, I don't recommend buying Pimsleur Approach courses, but most importantly, don't purchase anything from stroll!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pimsleur-Approach/internet/Pimsleur-Approach-Stroll-Unauthorized-charges-on-credit-card-3-months-after-returning-prod-896676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pimsleur Approach