Complaint Review: PimsleurApproach

• Phone: 8770802-5283
  • Web:
  • Category: Language

PimsleurApproach deceptive sales pitch Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I see a multitude of reports about this company, all about the same fraudulent sales approach:
They offered me on the Internet a way to learn a new language. $9.99, no shipping charges.
I paid and received a nice package of 4 DVD disks. Sound only. It was interesting to try, but it was not for me. I forgot all abou it. 30 days later arrived a large package of a set of new disks and information that they will bill my VISA every month for 4 months $64 each.

I did not order it, so i called them. They said I can return it and gave me an extra month to try it.
I wrote them a letter saying i do not want it, take it back. Pay me $24 for returning it. No reply.
I called again. Was told "It says on their Internet site that they will ship the full set in 30 days". I was never on their site - I replied to an ad. Why not tell it on the invoice and papers they sent me with the sample shipment? FRAUDULENT business practice!

It cost me $24.29 to mail it back to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PimsleurApproach/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19154/PimsleurApproach-deceptive-sales-pitch-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-995466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PimsleurApproach