aroused

Complaint Review: PimsleurApproach.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 02, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, March 02, 2013

• Reported By: Frank — S. San Francisco California U.S.A.
PimsleurApproach.com
1600 John F Kennedy Boulevard, 19103 Internet United States of America

PimsleurApproach.com Internet Order LLC Unauthorized Credit Card Charges, Internet

*Consumer Comment: That may be true, but.....

*Consumer Suggestion: Gee, Frank, this all could have been avoided if you had read the terms and conditions you agreed to..

Last August (2012), I ordered a language course through Stroll Pimsleur Approach for $9.95 after seeing advertising online.  A few months later, I received another package from Stroll Pimsleur Approach from which I did not request.  After checking my credit card statements today, I found out that Stroll Pimsleur Approach charged me $64.00 on the following dates:  10/09/2012; 11/08/2012; 12/09/2012; 12/17/2012; 01/07/2013; 01/16/2013; 02/14/2013; 02/15/2013.  Totaling: $512.

I contacted Stroll Pimsleur Approach this morning inquiring about these charges.  The operator at the company told me that there was a 30-day free trial offer they included with my initial purchase.  Since I did not cancel out of the free trial, I was entered into a subscription for something I did not ask for.   I told the operator to cancel my subscription and ask for an RMA # to return one of the three un-opened packages I received from them.  Also, I don't understand why I was being charged twice each month since December 2012.

Companies like this are Fraud and Nuisance to consumers.  Their business practice should be an indicator on whether they should be allowed to continue operating.  They should be put on probation or have their business license revoked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2013 02:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PimsleurApproachcom/internet/PimsleurApproachcom-Internet-Order-LLC-Unauthorized-Credit-Card-Charges-Internet-1022586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PimsleurApproach.com

That may be true, but.....

AUTHOR: Harry - ()

In response to the "rebuttal":  I also got burned by Pimsleur. That "agreement" is buried in a bunch of boilerplate and graphics I'm sure is designed to confuse the consumer so he/she inadvertently orders the monster overpriced package. You might be interested in their "deal" because you are elderly and perhaps visually handicapped; the advert says " just listen". Pimsleur is definitely a rip-off.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Pimsleur Rapid Fluency Purchase Program: One month after you receive your Quick & Simple you'll begin receiving 30 day trial copies of advanced Pimsleur courses in the language you selected. Each course is yours to try for 30 days.

You'll receive a new course once every 60 days. For each course you keep we'll bill you in four monthly payments of $64. Remember, there's never an immediate obligation to buy any course because of the 30-day trial period provided with each shipment. And you may cancel future shipments at any time by calling 1-877-802-5283. See Key Details

This is on the order blank page.... "By clicking below, I'll be charged $9.95 and agree to the adjacent purchase program terms and conditions.."

Guess you somehow missed this in your zeal to get a "deaL."

"Companies like this are Fraud and Nuisance to consumers.  Their business practice should be an indicator on whether they should be allowed to continue operating.  They should be put on probation or have their business license revoked."

What is the fraud and why should they be put on "probation" or have their business license revoked?

NO Ripoff by them, you Ripped yourself off, and NO I don't work for them and think their products are over-priced.