Complaint Review: Pinecone Research

• Reported By: aperoll13 — new philadelphia Ohio
Pinecone Research
Karen Scott, PineCone Research™ 250 East 5th St. Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Pinecone Research Mystery Shopper Money Gram Scam Cincinnati Ohio

I received an e-mail today from Pinecone telling me about a Mystery Shop.  I have been with this company for a while and this e-mail did not seem like anything I had ever received from them.  They had the header and all of the right information, even the font.  It looks very legit and it's from the exact e-mail address that they contact me from.  They said they are sending me a check for $1.850.  I am supposed to cash the check, keep $150 for myself and use $140 for the transfer fees.  It then goes into detail about how to "rate" the service.  It says that I am to wait for further instruction on who to send the money to.  I have a friend who is also a member of this panel and she got the exact same e-mail today.  I looked it up right away and I see that this is something that has happened before, on mroe than one occasion.  Just be careful!  If something seems like it's too good to be true, it probably is!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinecone-Research/Cincinnati-Ohio/Pinecone-Research-Mystery-Shopper-Money-Gram-Scam-Cincinnati-Ohio-1069153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinecone Research