Complaint Review: Pingo.com

• Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By:Kansas City Missouri
Pingo.com
http://www.pingo.com Internet U.S.A.

Pingo.com Invite to signup with paypal, collect personal info, then disabled paypal signup in the last page Internet

*UPDATE Employee: P.I.N.G.O Customer Service Response

Pingo.com has paypal listed in the front page as one of the accepted payment methods for signing up for prepaid calling cards. I wanted to signup to get a prepaid calling card, so I went to their signup page. I entered all the requested information in the first page - including all personal information like my address, phone#, email address and personal information for forgot password. When I clicked next, the next page said that "paypal is currently disabled", and that I would have to use my credit card to sign-up.

I feel this is very unfair of pingo.com. They should have made it clear in the very first page that paypal is disabled. Instead they managed to collect all my personal info in a very sneaky way. This is a very deceptive practice - a total ripoff. They can now do anything they want with all my personal information.

Ram
Kansas City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2009 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pingocom/internet/Pingocom-Invite-to-signup-with-paypal-collect-personal-info-then-disabled-paypal-signup-459372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pingo.com

P.I.N.G.O Customer Service Response

AUTHOR: Pingo - (United States of America)

We wanted to respond from P.I.N.G.O. to help address your concerns

If your account was not open, then we do not take the funds or collect your personal financial information. We use a trusted third party to manage a secure sign up process on SSL certified secure pages. The telephone service is also backed with 100% money back and call quality
guarantee.

Paypal does work as a payment option and we are sorry for your experience that you had back in 2009. However we can assure you that this was not an ongoing issue and that the company is legit to provide a legit phone service.

- Customer Service