Complaint Review: Pinnacle Financial Group

• Submitted: Tue, December 30, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 30, 2008

• Reported By:Plant City Florida
Pinnacle Financial Group
7825 Washington Ave. S. Mineapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Pinnacle Financial Group Unauthorized Charges to my Credit Card Mineapolis Minnesota

When trying to pay off a debt, I contacted Pinnacle Financial

Group who was hired as a collection agent. I stated that I wanted to pay my debt in full. The service representative asked me how and I said whatever was easiest. I did not have a checkbook close by so I chose credit card. He said there was a service charge and I said that was not OK, I would pay by check but I did not have a check number. He said he could waive the service charge. I authorized payment of my debt and I received a confirmation number.

Pinnacle called me back shortly to let me know the representative could not waive the service charge and I was charged a service charge of 22 dollars. I told him that was not acceptable. He recommended calling my credit card company.

My credit card company said Pinnacle had to reverse the charges. I called Pinnacle back, but they refused to reverse the charges. THey said I authorized full payment with charges. I refuted this claim adamently. They said they had an authorization number (my confirmation number!).

I have placed a dispute with my credit card company and intend to file whatever criminal charges need to be filed. I was mugged by this company.

Don't pay them with a credit card. Better yet, don't give them any financial information at all. I wouldn't pay them with anything other than a cashiers check.

Plant City, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2008 10:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Financial-Group/Mineapolis-Minnesota-55439/Pinnacle-Financial-Group-Unauthorized-Charges-to-my-Credit-Card-Mineapolis-Minnesota-406185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Financial Group