Complaint Review: Pinnacle Financial

Pinnacle Financial
8311 wisconsin ave suite c18 bethesda, Maryland United States of America

Pinnacle Financial THUG COLLECTORS bethesda, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Repo guy on standby

*Consumer Comment: One day...

*Consumer Comment: A repossession can be effected if only one day late...

I just got yet another threatening call from Pinnacle Financial. My payment is 2 weeks behind in which I  informed them it would be. I guess that was the wrong thing to do. I have a voice mail from a Mrs taylor informing me of legal action if my pmnt is not recieved.

That was the polite call if that is what you wanna call it. A few hours later i get a second call this time at work, from the same individual. I explained to her I will be making my payment in a few days. thats when she turned into a hoodlum on the telephone.

She told me my account will be forwarded to the recovery department for repossession. Keep in mind I have never missed a payment in over a year and im not even 30 days deliquent. She became real aggitated when I informed her I myself was a collection specialist and she was calling me on my job and the call was being recorded.

She said she that she isnt governed by the federal debt collection practice act , and that i need to learn my laws, called me ridiculous and slammed the phone, after telling me my car will be repossessed. keep in mind im only 2 weeks late. WTF

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Financial/bethesda-Maryland-20814/Pinnacle-Financial-THUG-COLLECTORS-bethesda-Maryland-899453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Financial

Repo guy on standby

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I have never missed a payment in over a year"

Yes you did. You missed a payment two weeks ago.

One day...

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

or 30 days. It doesn't matter, they can repossess your car. It doesn't matter that you called them and told them you would be late. They have a contract from you where you agreed to pay on a certain date.

Also, you should brush up on your debt collection law. If this is the original creditor of your car, then that person is correct and they do not have to follow the fair debt collection act. That act covers third party debt collection, not original creditors. Original creditors can call you 30 times a day if they wish about your debt. Also, before recording a phone call you should check if that's legal to do in your state without the other person's consent.

A repossession can be effected if only one day late...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"My payment is 2 weeks behind in which I  informed them it would be."

"I explained to her I will be making my payment in a few days."

Do you have a contract with them that lets YOU set the payment terms?

Would you like it if they "informed" you they were raising your interest rate for a few weeks?

Thought not.