Complaint Review: Pinnacle Financial

• Submitted: Wed, November 10, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: Donna — Corbin Kentucky United States of America
Pinnacle Financial

Pinnacle Financial I am assuming a collection agency by the manner in which the call is handled but I am refused the nature or type of call upon request. The caller ask for my mother and on numberous occasions we have told the represenative that my mother is in stage 4 cancer and has been in the hospital. Then was called a deadbeat, refusing to pay bill Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Does not matter

*Consumer Comment: if you have call block or reject use

This company continues to call my mothers home after being told repeatedly that our mother is critically ill and currently in the hospital.  My minor siblings have called while I have been at the hospital with my mother crying on how they have been talked to.  I have a background in this field and have had experience with collectors that can be ruthless.  I will not tolerate them for a moment nor anyone doing what this company continues to do.  I took the call this evening and was first refused the name, adjuster id, etc. I ask if they could take a moment and read the notes on the account and was laughed at.  I then ask if I could be transferred to a supervisor and was flat out told no and hung up on.  I then called back and spoke to a so called supervisor and can not believe the manner in which the call was handled.  I was told they are use to calling deadbeats and if my mother, if I continued to say I was not the person they were looking for, would pay they would not call.  I explained that we were in the process of becoming power of attorney, again I was laughed out and told I was trying to buy time.  My mother has worked over 28 years prior to becoming ill.  On a prior call I attempted to review a statement that was in my mothers mail and they again hung up on me.  We are not in the habbit of avoiding a bill and my mother would absolutely be devastated to think someone would say such things.  This company is ruthless and is a prime example of why collectors have such a bad reputation.  I do know that my mother would spend the last dime she had before not be responsible for any kind of financial obligation.  It has been a devastating time for my family and I am driving aproximately 3 times weekly from out of state and trying to spend time with my mother and minor siblings watching has her life is fading away.  The supervisor made the threat of reporting this account to the credit bureaus and again laughing at me.  I cannot believe the caliber of people and this is a prime example of why collectors have the reputation they do.  When someone dedicates there lives to being a viable member of society and becoming ill to let the low lives degrade them.  This is my mother and I know what kind of sacrafices she has made and will not stand by while such scum will run her name into the ground.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Financial/internet/Pinnacle-Financial-I-am-assuming-a-collection-agency-by-the-manner-in-which-the-call-is-ha-660582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Financial

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Does not matter

AUTHOR: CRU - (USA)

I can truly understand your dilema, however unlisted phone numbers do not stop these people from calling. They have the means to locate the numbers through various websites etc.

they have to do is pay a certain amount for a membership and bingo. They can find you..... I can tell you from experience that they do not care if the party they are seeking is ill, or even on their death beds

Some of these companies are absolutely ruthless. They resort to name calling etc. Know your Fair credit laws and there are websites to help you. Or contact an attorney, I do believe that some of them will consult with you for free or a minimal fee. Remember it is their job to try to collect the money, but I have always felt that it is not necessary to be rude or even downright nasty.

I wish you lots of luck with this. I hope if you have not resolved this situation already, that it will resolve soon.

if you have call block or reject use

AUTHOR: Steph - (USA)

The next time they call and you have call block or reject use. All you need to do is dial a couple of #s infront of thier# when it shows on the caller ID and it bocks their # from calling yours . The phone company can tell you more about it or you can see about having your mother's # changed have it unlisted and no new imformation be given on the new #.

From what I read it sounds like this collector is a scum bag. If any collector spoke to me that way I would of hung up on him . My advise is stay off the phone never speak to a 3rd party collection agency and never give any bank imformation.

I am sorry to read about your mom. If I were you I would report them to the FTC and when you get an address or a fax # send them a stop contact letter by fax and do this 100 times a day for every half hour until it says fax error that will tell you they ran out of paper and ink toner this will drive them crazy . I read were another person did this to another agency and it drove him crazy and he was begging this person to stop