Complaint Review: Pinnacle Nissan

Pinnacle Nissan
7651 East Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd Internet United States of America

Pinnacle Nissan Transmission Repair Internet

*Author of original report: Transmission Parts Photo

On January 17, 2011 I took my 2001 X Terra into Midway Nissan to diagnose a transmission leak.They told me the leak was from the Torque Converter Seal and quoted $850 to replace it.I called ABC Nissan and they quoted $1,200 to complete the same repair.

I then called Chris Grashell at Pinnacle Nissan who quoted $440 to replace the Torque Converter Seal.This raised my concern because I couldnt understand how Pinnacle could be so low compared to the other dealerships so I made a point of confirming it three times on the phone with Chris.After being reassured by Chris, I dropped my vehicle off at 8:00am on January 20, 2011 and was told that the repair would be completed later that afternoon.When I went to pick up my vehicle the next day, Chris wasnt there so I spoke with Joey Dianda who seemed confused about the situation and had to speak to several people to find out what happened.When he returned to the office he told me the transmission was still leaking and they suspected the Front Pump Seal which he said was going to cost $1,300 to replace.I asked him where the Front Pump Seal was located in reference to the Torque Converter Seal and he wasnt sure.I asked him why it only cost $440 to replace the Torque Converter Seal but it was going to cost $1,300 to replace the Front Pump Seal and he told me his assumption was Chris under quoted the job to get my business.At the time I didnt know if he meant Chris was giving me the competitive price to win future business of if it was a bait and switch tactic.I asked him why the mechanic didnt replace both seals when he had the transmission removed and he said it would have been more labor and they didnt want to drive up the repair cost.This was almost a funny statement considering how much the second repair was going to be.

Joey left the office to speak with the Service Manager and when he returned he said they would waive the $440 if I wanted to do the $1,300 Front Pump Seal repair.Im an Aircraft Mechanic so I have experience with this type of maintenance and at this point most of the story didnt make sense and I didnt feel confident with Pinnacles Service Department so I left and Joey said I didnt have to pay the $440 bill.This was the final red flag.I knew it was a labor intensive repair so why would they not charge me for the work they completed?

I took my vehicle to a transmission shop and when I told them the story, the mechanic told me that the Torque Converter Seal and Front Pump Seal are the exact same part which he physically showed me on another transmission!The seal repair cost me $695 and my transmission no longer leaks.

I purchased my X Terra at Pinnacle and it was a horrible experience but the quote was very competitive so I thought I would give the Service Department a chance to get my maintenance business.This is by far the most dishonest service experience I have ever had! I never say never, but I can say without a doubt I will NEVER do business with Pinnacle Nissan again and I will make it a point to tell others about my experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2011 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Nissan/internet/Pinnacle-Nissan-Transmission-Repair-Internet-688798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Nissan

Transmission Parts Photo

AUTHOR: David - (USA)

I'm a visual person so Ithought I'd add these photos to give people an idea what the "Seal" looks like. Can you pick out the Torque Converter Seal and the Front Pump Seal? Hint: The four parts are Gasket, O-Ring, Bushing, Seal...