Complaint Review: Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting

• Updated: Sat, August 31, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — Lincoln City Oregon
Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting
Lincoln City, Oregon USA

Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting Kim Ritchie Kim Ritchie Pet sitting rip off artist. Doesn't show up to look after your pets then insists she did and charges you for it. Lincoln City Oregon

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Kim Ritchie and Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting are not ripoffs.

I became suspicious of Kim Ritchie of Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting when our dogs were panicked and ran outside to relieve themselves when Kim was supposed to watch them while I was at work. Another friend of mine told me that Kim had failed to show up to take care of their dogs and then charged them for it.

On the last occasion I hired her, I put a pine needle in the weatherstripping of the door that would fall out when she opened it. The pine needle was still in place upon my return and it promptly fell to the ground when I opened the door. Once again, my 2 dogs rushed out in a panic to relieve themselves.

I called Kim and she insisted over and over again that she had been there. Finally after the tenth or eleventh time of explaining to her that it was impossible she had been there because the pine needle was still in the door, she admitted to never being there that day and never opening the door to look after my dogs. Then she changed her story and said she had it wrong on her calender.

Why would she have lied over and over that she had been there when she clearly had not and then change her story to another lie. Kim Ritchie is dis-honest. Be wary of Kim Ritchie of Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting in Lincoln City Oregon. She won't take care of your pets, then she'll lie to you and charge you for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Pet-and-House-Sitting/Lincoln-City-Oregon-97367/Pinnacle-Pet-and-House-Sitting-Kim-Ritchie-Kim-Ritchie-Pet-sitting-rip-off-artist-Doesn-1080742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Kim Ritchie and Pinnacle Pet and House Sitting are not ripoffs.

AUTHOR: Kim - ()

I have watched the dogs mentioned in the report above several times while their owners have been out of town. The dogs have been well cared for and taken out several times every day while being watched.

This particular time I was to go over during my lunch hour three different days to let them out to go potty. They always meet me at the door very happy and ready to go outside. The first two days I went over as soon as I got my lunch. I took them out and they both went potty like normal. The first day I was there I don't recall anything going on around that could prove I was there. But the second day the neighbor down the street was getting his house painted.

When I drove by one guy was on the side of the house painting and the other man was pulling nails from the front area near the entryway. The neighbor across the streets little red car was in the driveway.

I then pulled into the driveway and parked my car. I opened the door and as always the dogs were at the door waiting for me. All happy to see me, we walked around to the little area at the end of the driveway. The male dog went potty right away but the little girl likes to take her time. So we just walk around till she does her business. I wait until they both do both duties because I am not sure how long they will need to wait till their owner gets home. We went back into the house and made sure their water dish had water and then they got their little bones as their treat for going potty for me. They are wonderful little dogs and so loving.

The third day I put in my calander wrong which is totally my fault and I feel absolutely sick that it happened. I didn't make it to let the dogs out because I am human and I made a mistake. I have been doing pet and house sitting for a long time and I have never done that before.

I don't blame the dogs owners for being upset. I would be upset if they were my dogs also. But I have never and would never charge someone for a service that I didn't do. I am a honest person and just want to make it easier when people have to leave their pets.

As far as the alligation about me not taking care of someone elses pets and then charging them is totally not true. I make sure that all the pets I take care of are taken care of no matter if it is a pocket pet or large animal.

I am truely sorry and wish I could take it back and make sure it never happened but I can't. The dogs were well taken care of every day that I watched them or just came over to let them out except that one. For that again I am very sorry.

But I am not a horrible person like you are making me out to be. And I would never never charge someone for something that I didn't do.

I have tons of great references from people that I have been taking care of their pets and houses for years.