Complaint Review: Pinnacle Security

• Reported By: Ted — Reno Nevada United States of America
Pinnacle Security
1290 Sandhill RoadOrem, UT 84058 Internet United States of America

Pinnacle Security When you really need them, they won't be there Internet

It was the 4th of July and I had to get up real early for work, when I got to the bathroom I found my mom lying on the floor. She just had a stroke and was unconscious but could see that she was still breathing. I ran over to the security panel and pushed the emergency code and nothing happened. I have the Pinnacle phone number written right on the unit, so I grab my phone and call the number. The first 2 times I tried the line was busy. On the third call somebody answered and as I desperately told her everything, she calmly said, let me give you an 800 toll free number to call. I couldn't believe it. I went back to check on my mom and she was not breathing. I started screaming at my phone telling her that I need help now, but then realized that she hung up on me. I then called 911. By the time they got here she was already dead. I reacted to the whole situation with the confidence that Pinnacle would be there in an emergency. What they did should be criminal.

I should have, and meant to cancel their services, but depression was taking its toll on me.

I just had another incident happened two weeks ago where I had a small kitchen fire and the alarm went off. I put the fire out real quick and went to the key pad and pushed the emergency number to cancel the alarm and again nothing happened. So I immediately call the number on the front panel and again it was busy. And again, and again. Finally on the fourth call somebody answered, I told them that I needed the alarm turned off first of all because they mounted it right above the security panel and I could not hear anything they were saying. It took a couple of minutes to finally get them to understand my password and everything else they were asking, but then again it was too late. I could hear the sirens pulling up outside. When the fire dept. showed up, they had to do their job. But in the end, I had a huge hole knocked out of my kitchen wall exposing my house to 9 degree weather that night. I closed up the hole best I could but my tank less water heater was spraying out water by morning.

All this could have been avoided if they would just answer the d**n phone. A security company should not have 9 to 5 hours and forward you to an answering service after hours.

Here is the irony of it all, my mom switched over from Monitronics a couple of years ago. I was listening to the representative do his sales pitch and noticed that they had a list of Monitronics customers that they were underselling. When I mentioned that was a bad business ethic, he just laughed and said it works. Little did my mom know that she was signing her own death warrant. On top of that, I just called Pinnacle to cancel, and they said it would cost me, (some ridiculous amount), because what she signed was a 42 month contract.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2013 02:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Security/internet/Pinnacle-Security-When-you-really-need-them-they-wont-be-there-Internet-995947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Security