Complaint Review: Pinnacle Security

• Updated: Wed, June 13, 2012

• Reported By: Richard — santa clara California United States of America
Pinnacle Security
1290 Sandhill Road santa clara, California United States of America

Pinnacle Security Devcon Security Prey on the Elderly in California santa clara, California

*General Comment: Devcon System Never Worked - Still Charged In Full!

*UPDATE Employee: Devcon Security Customer Care Response

DON'T OPEN YOU DOOR!
Devcon Security & Pinnacle Security are a team.
Search the horror stories for yourself.

DON'T OPEN YOU DOOR for these a high pressure door-to-door knockers.
My frail, elderly, recently widowed neighbor was scammed by them just last month. They had ADT for years and this sales guy came to his door at  7pm and said he was from ADT to do an upgrade to his system. Immediately the installer sidekick got to work 'retuning' the entire system for  three hours until well after 10pm. My neighbor then signed the paperwork
under severe duress not knowing or reading the contract, just wanting  them out of his house. He's a frail trusting elderly gentlemen that's  easily confused. My neighbor says on the way out the sales guy came  clean and said "We actually work for Pinnacle security and we're in the  neighborhood stealing ADT customers".  My neighbor was broken and
distraught now being 11pm and having his functioning ADT system ripped  out for something he never wanted by Devcon. By the time my neighbor  regained the composure to call Devcon a week later to complain the  contractual three days has passed in which he could have canceled. Now  he has a Devcon sigh in his yard and he'll be stuck in an endless
contract loop which he can only cancel during the contract anniversary  month and from what I read Devcon makes canceling during this time very  difficult, not answering the phone, not returning phones call, loosing  cancellation forms, etc.
STAY AWAY!!

-Devcon and Pinnacle are a team at this.

-The Best Business Bureau give Pinnacle an "F" rating with 1200+ complaints.

-5 separate State Attorney's have filed and won legal actions against their criminal business practices.
IL
MO
NY
OH
FL

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 10:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pinnacle-Security/santa-clara-California-95051/Pinnacle-Security-Devcon-Security-Prey-on-the-Elderly-in-California-santa-clara-Californi-862988. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pinnacle Security

#1 General Comment

Devcon System Never Worked - Still Charged In Full!

AUTHOR: DEVCON SECURITY IS TERRIBLE - (United States of America)

The system they installed NEVER WORKED from the very first day! The alarm kept going off all the time and you could not shut off system from the wireless keypads. Devcon's monitoring station could not even connect into the alarm system check it out. They never got the system to work from the very first day it was installed. After many calls to Devcon we finally gave up using it and replaced it with a great system from our local cable company.

Devcon doesn't have any problems sending annual invoices out though. I told them AGAIN that we were unable to use the system they installed.  Instead of offering to fix it they sent me to their collections group.  I was getting non-stop collection robocalls every morning and evening.  I got so fed up with dealing with them every day that I gave up and paid out the entire 2 years remaining on my contract just to stop getting so upset with them everyday.

Now I'm making sure to tell everyone I can what happened to me.  I wish I had checked them out BEFORE I signed up.   WATCH OUT FOR THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS OFFER TO MAKE EVERYTHING OKEY DOKEY: The first line service reps are pretty good people however; they have zero authority to do anything.  On one of my several calls I spent over 2 hours being transferred from one department to another without anyone being able to do anything to make this right. The supervisors are horrible jerks.

Devcon Security Customer Care Response

AUTHOR: Devcon Security - (United States of America)

Dear Richard,

Devcon Security has a partnership with Pinnacle Security where we provide customer service and support for Pinnacle's customers.  Our A+ rating with the BBB shows our willingness to provide excellent service in any way possible.

We are sorry that your neighbor had a bad experience with Pinnacle's sales representatives. We encourage you to reach out to Pinnacle Security's compliance team at compliance@pinnaclesecurity.com  and report the issue so that corrective action can be taken by the company.

If you would like to purchase a Devcon Security system from one of our licensed and trained sales and installation teams, please contact us at 855.451.6752

Devcon Security Customer Care