Complaint Review: Pioneer Credit Recovery

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: Marge — Pacifica California United States of America
Pioneer Credit Recovery
20 Parker Lane, Perry, New York 14530 Internet United States of America

Pioneer Credit Recovery PCR took 239. from my Social Security check. I was working with an attorney to settle my student loans and they stepped in and removed money from my account. Internet

*Consumer Comment: The government offset it, not Pioneer

I was making an attempt to settle my student loans with an attorney, when PCR called me in October and said  I had to pay back my student loans immediately. I told them I was working with an attorney.
Today they took $239. from my Social Security check. No notice or anything. I am 75 years old and I don't have to say how much that means to me. I have very little left for food.
They faxed me a form to fill out but in the meantime I contacted my attorney and she is looking at the form. PCR is the collection agency for the government, US Department of Education. I tired paying back these loans but I worked in Health Care at the time and didn't make much money.The Government bought these loans from the BANKS seven years ago and now they want the money from ME.
I would appreciate any help you can offer me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2012 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pioneer-Credit-Recovery/internet/Pioneer-Credit-Recovery-PCR-took-239-from-my-Social-Security-check-I-was-working-with-a-821460. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pioneer Credit Recovery

The government offset it, not Pioneer

AUTHOR: Morgan - (United States of America)

As far as student loans go, Pioneer can only garnish wages when you're working.  SSI offsets and tax offsets are done by the IRS and the government.  Whether you're involved with an attorney or not, the loan is still in default and the government handles offsets of those kind until the loan is in good standing.  Pioneer didn't take money from your SSI the government offset it.