Complaint Review: Pitney Bowes

• Reported By: mentor — Lafayette Louisiana United States of America
Pitney Bowes
Internet, Connecticut United States of America

Pitney Bowes postage meter, free trial, Internet, Connecticut

Okayed a free trial 60 days of postage meter with free postage for that time period. Thought this would be a modern machine and system. Gave them my credit card number for trial and they said it would not be used unless I kept machine after 60 days. Free shipping, too. The machine arrived, and I found a charge for $ 30 on my credit card. Called the number on the promotion and they emailed an Initial Postage Refund Request form mail or fax to them. I did that, and used a return UPS mailing label to ship back unopened box with their stone-aged meter machine. Unfortunately, I threw away all the promo phone numbers when they confirmed they recieved my letter for refund of $30 and the machine. I never received a refund for $30. Kept calling and being transferred from one office to another all over the country and they then said no record of my refund request was on file. So I filled out another, scanned the signed form, and emailed it to Tonette.logwood and Michelle in the Postage by phone dept, since they had no refund paperwork processed for me. Tonette in Pacific time did not think to phone Troy NY where I mailed the initial request form, and then they all went home early, it seems when she tried. I asked her to email me with status report of refund the following day, and no email. I emailed Tonette, refund still not processed. Still waiting, so I had to file a fraud report with my credit card company since I found so many ripoff reports about PB here. Don't accept the free trial because the people on phones bounce you around from one clueless person to the next hoping you will get tired enough to let them keep the fraudulently obtained $30 postage costs you never used.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2010 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pitney-Bowes/Internet-Connecticut-/Pitney-Bowes-postage-meter-free-trial-Internet-Connecticut-607601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pitney Bowes