Complaint Review: Pitney Bowes

• Submitted: Thu, December 18, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, December 18, 2003

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Pitney Bowes
PO Box 856042 Louisville,Ky 40285Louisville Louisville, Kentucky U.S.A.

Pitney Bowes Postal Privilege Sent us a postal meter under false pretences, with hidden charges: accepted a final payment; services cancelled; billed after cancellation; Louisville Kentucky

We were sent a flier in the mail offering a postal meter for our building. No charges were mentioned. We called and they set us up an account over the phone so we could order stamp refills of stamps by phone.We agreed to pay for the stamps we used and were told we would receive a monthly bill. After about three months, we received a bill for over $300.00. I called and found out we were paying rental on the machine and for the ability to order stampps by phone.

We had never been told of these charges. I was told that I signed up for these, and I informed this person that "I" never signed anything. They were to send a copy of this signed form to me, but they never did. I cancelled the meter, and paid that bill, which was to be the "final" bill.

The meter was mailed back to Pitney Bowes. We continued to get billed for a meter we no longer had and a service that had been cancelled. Each month when we recieved the bill, we called Pitney Bowes and attempted to explain that we no longer had this equipment and had paid the "final" bill!

They were rude and threatened to turn us over to a collection agency. I have spoken with several people who have had the same problem with these postal meters from Pitney Bowes, and I feel they need to be stopped from fraudulently charging anyone else. You may check with Ginny Coker at 770-967-2070, as she had problems with them also.

Linda
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2003 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pitney-Bowes/Louisville-Kentucky-40285/Pitney-Bowes-Postal-Privilege-Sent-us-a-postal-meter-under-false-pretences-with-hidden-ch-75252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pitney Bowes