Complaint Review: Pitney Bowes

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 14, 2009

• Reported By:Appleton Wisconsin
Pitney Bowes
2225 American Drive Neenah, Wisconsin U.S.A.

Pitney Bowes is always hiring and do you want to know why? Neenah Wisconsin

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Re: Always hiring

I got hired with Pitney Bowes through a staffing agency about 3-4 years ago. I went through training and during their training, they expect you to know all the ins and outs of their postage meters as well as payment methods their clients use.

Supervisors at that location talk out of their mouth how they'll help you if you're struggling with the training. After I started my third week, the staffing agency called me early in the morning and told me that I didn't have to go to work that day. The staffing agency told me that PB didn't want me back becuz I wasn't fast enough for their computer system.

If PB clients are unsatisfied with their customer service, that is the reason. They're always hiring-firing new people and don't want to take the time to train them so they can be a good employee. That is another reason why their clients are on hold forever too.

This particular location always has a big banner hanging where you can see it from a major highway that they're "hiring."

Pegster
Appleton, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2008 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pitney-Bowes/Neenah-Wisconsin-54915/Pitney-Bowes-is-always-hiring-and-do-you-want-to-know-why-Neenah-Wisconsin-391673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pitney Bowes

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Re: Always hiring

AUTHOR: Alexa - (Canada)

I also worked for this company, not once but twice. I quit and was rehired a year later.

People who are quick do well, people who don't catch on will probably quit. No job is for everyone. I did very well with this company and was successful. If they decided not to pursue training with you, that would be the first time that I had ever seen, and it must have been because it was not a good fit.

It irritates me that people try to ruin the reputation of a company just because it didn't work out for them - this is not a case of being fraudulent of "ripping off". So why are you posting here?