Complaint Review: Pivotal Fitness

• Reported By: Oneeyedfeline — Alabama
Pivotal Fitness
Charleston, South Carolina USA

Pivotal Fitness Be careful when asked for signatures! Charleston South Carolina

Signed a 2-year contract in summer 2010. I had indicated in my original contract, which I kept, that the renewal at the end of the two years would be on a month-to-month basis. Now, in 2013, I've tried to cancel and have just discovered that I'm still under a 2-year plan which was signed in 2012 and expires in another full year. I never signed a paper contract - at one point last I was looking to buy personal training and I had to initial a ton of stuff on one of those tiny touch-pads at the front desk. These touch-pads don't show you anything other than the line to sign on. I have no 2-year 2012 contract in my posession and I keep everything like that, but apparently I was signed up for another two years without being told that that is what I was signing for. I had the person I spoke to today email me a copy fo the signed contract - sure enough, it's my initials but it was obviously digitally applied. I'm disappointed that someone would slip a contract in there without telling me what I was signing for, but there's obviously nothing I can do now since I DID sign. Terms of cancellation only allow for death, disability, and relocation. Be careful to read everything that's put in front of you here, especially if they're using that touchpad! Have them turn the screen around to show you what you're signing!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2013 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pivotal-Fitness/Charleston-South-Carolina/Pivotal-Fitness-Be-careful-when-asked-for-signatures-Charleston-South-Carolina-1056284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pivotal Fitness