Complaint Review: Pivotal Payments | Ripoff Report Verified™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. nationwide credit & debit card processing, clearing & settlement, gift, loyalty, store value card programs, terminal management solutions, electronic check processing.

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: Dana — Merritt British Columbia Canada
Pivotal Payments
1000-685 Cathcart St Montreal, Quebec United States of America

Pivotal Payments REVIEW: Pivotal Payments clients, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Pivotal Payments. Pivotal Payments is 100% dedicated to client satisfaction, exceptional client experiences & improving business success. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction & confidence when doing business. Merchant accounts and payment processing done right.
*UPDATE: Pivotal Payments recognized by Ripoff Report Verified™ as a Safe Business Service

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Pivotal Payments for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Pivotal Payments have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns.  The company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Pivotal Payments is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..
The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Louis Georgakakis and  Patrick Huynh during an interview held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Pivotal Payments.

Pivotal Payments is a merchant service provider that helps their clients accept credit cards and also provides affiliate products such as software and terminals. Their target markets are in small to medium companies that are generally brick and mortar business. Currently, the company works in the United States and Canada and is looking to break into European markets this year. Pivotal Payments feels they have a competitive edge in the market place because they are constantly adding to, enhancing and increasing their product lines. Recently they have added the Pivotal 360, Pivotal 1, and Term Protection programs to help provide customers further options in services needed. The company also notes that they feel their customer service sets them apart and they have invested heavily in this department.

Louis Georgakakis stated, “The company’s core values are based on commitment, growth, entrepreneurialism and building relationships. Pivotal is committed to always doing the right thing, quickly, efficiently and to the best of its abilities. The company’s employees have the courage to take responsibility for all issues and learn from these issues to enhance the company. Employees are nimble, open and flexible to new ideas, innovation and technology to deliver on current and future opportunities. Pivotal understands that thousands of people and businesses across North America depend on them for their livelihood. We strive to build everlasting relationships with partners, customers, employees and suppliers to help the achieve mutual goals.”

In order to make Pivotal Payment’s feel they are having the best customer service possible, they state that they have a 24/7 customer service staff available, opportunities to be released from cancellation fees associated with contracts, a knowledge based management team and cross training amongst their staff. In regards to the company’s internal processes, Patrick Huynh stated the company is, “Continually working on customer service calls to be under an average of 30 seconds and we are working to enhance the quality of information communicated to the customer by cross training our staff. We also work to have proactive retention within our customer service meaning that we try to work with customers to solve issues before a complaint arises.”

Pivotal Payments states that they try to work with clients to satisfy all of their concerns within reason when working with them to discover a solution. Through this, the company states they can usually retain about 95% of their clients when concerns arise. The company works to help resolve customer’s pricing concerns by matching competitor’s pricing within reason when working with existing customers. One of the largest areas of concerns that has been brought to the company’s attention is in regards to an early termination fee being too high. To remedy this, the company has developed a Low Merchant Termination Policy that fee is about half of what it was previously. The Low Merchant Termination Policy addresses customers whose volume is lower and accounts for approximately 90% of Pivotal Payment’s business. The company states that they generally handle about 1200 customer cases per month where they make sure to address and review pricing options.

Louis Georgakakis stated, “We are happy to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program because it gives us a reason to be proactive with client concerns. Ripoff Report allows us the opportunity to know who the customers are that have concerns and get them all the information needed to address the issue.” The company notes that the customers are entering into a legal agreement with Pivotal Payments and that is something that is taken into consideration when handling complaints. Because of Ripoff Report and other complaints the company has received in the past, their standard policy is that a customer can cancel their services without a fee if Pivotal Payments is unable to provide appropriate solutions to do whatever it takes to make the client happy.

A top executive of the company told us that their vision is “to be a top tier North American Merchant Services Provider by creating a meaningful contribution to its clients, partners, employees, suppliers and shareholders.” Pivotal Payments’ mission statement says it all: "Our mission is to provide valued processing solutions which make a positive material impact to the businesses of our merchants and partners across North America."  Some of the other things Rip-off Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads:  "Switching to Pivotal was the best move for my business! We were able to save money with no hassles." As well as, “Going with Pivotal Payments has been a great move since they offer good rates and service. I would recommend them to other merchants."

PIVOTAL PAYMENTS / "The company has implemented a sales compliance position to ensure that sales channels meet our internal standards as well industry regulations," explained Patrick Huynh, Vice-President of Client Services. "Our service levels have also improved tremendously over the past year and continue to do so as we proactively listen to the needs of our clients and respond rapidly to any and all concerns."

"We joined the Corporate Advocacy Program in order to better understand our clients’ issues and should they arise, react faster to address them," said Louis Georgakakis, Director of Marketing. "Our client care department’s improved response time, thorough compliance with industry regulations and greater customer satisfaction levels are all a testament to the hard work each and every employee at Pivotal has performed in order to accomplish our mission."

Pivotal Payments takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.  The company’s Youtube channel boasts several videos of its employees indicating their level of engagement and empowerment to helping the company reach its goals and developing better relationships with clients. One such video is from Eric, a Relationship Manager, who states "the best part for me about working here at Pivotal Payments, hands down, is making that little difference in my merchant's day." The comraderie experienced through these short clips makes it evident the close-knit unit at Pivotal Payments is dedicated not only to helping their merchant clients succeed, but helping each other grow as individuals.

Paying close attention to feedback from customers and taking their concerns seriously.

Implementation of a fairer, flat early termination fee for all small merchants leaving a contract early.

Transparent pricing models both on the merchant application and in the terms of service.

Auto boarding process that gets a payment terminal to a merchant within 48 hours of application submission.

Maintaining an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for over a year and counting.

24/7 service available in both English and French with well trained, dedicated professionals.

Proactive outreach via survey to customers to ensure their concerns are heard and their feedback used to improve.

Pivotal Payments recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report are issues to be seriously addressed.  If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s investigation, Pivotal Payments has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Mr. Huynh, Mr. Georgakakis and many of the company’s past and current associates, Rip-off Report is convinced that Pivotal Payments is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike. Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them.  In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer ..

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Babylon Fish & Clam

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Astor Wines & Spirits

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Cafe Picasso

Pivotal Payments - Client Testimonial - Garderie Manyl Inc

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - BECQ Security Group

Pivotal Payments formerly CARDEX, ripoff, scam, run as fast as you can away, unreliable, irresponsible, rude, fraudulent, misrepresentation of fees & charges for Credit & Debit Cards Montreal, Quebec

In response to the people from St. Catherines, Ontario, I too was led down the garden path by their Sales Rep's constant calls.  Initially, I told him I would have nothing to do with them UNLESS they got a mobile unit.  To which they did, 6 months down the path, so I gave him the opportunity to quote me on how much they could save me.

He was great up until I signed, then he completely disappeared off the face of the earth.  He had answered all my questions about the extra card fees for all the various types of cards in the world but he never mentioned that there would be extra charges due to the fact that they were going to be treating my 3 machines as 3 separate accounts!  AND that there were minimum fees that would be due on each machine because they expected each machine to produce certain levels of income from the cards.

I didn't find out until I got my statements at the end of the first month, that the real reason my machines would NOT bundle into one batch at the end of my business day.... I had called them the first time I went to complete a batch but the people on the Help Line told me that they were unable to process my machines this way, that they 'couldn't' perform this function.  The couldn't because they wouldn't - due to the fact that they were going to be scamming me for an extra 2 accounts!

So now, quite enraged, I called again.  Now it was too late to get out of the contract and it would cost me $20,000. or more to get out of my 5 year contract.  I asked to speak to a Manager...they said none were available.  I asked them to transfer me to another department....they said that a Manager would just tell me the same thing that they were....and that I should tone it down if I wanted to keep talking to them.  I asked them to give me a Manager's telephone number and they wouldn't.

Another 6 months go by and I've had lots of dropped transactions, replaced the Mobile Unit twice and then was charged an extra $1500.00 for a Mobile Unit that was not returned.  I called them about the fee and they told me that I hadn't returned it.  I agreed.  It was still in my office because altho they had included the return mailer, they had forgotten to advise Fedex to come & pick it up.  I called Fedex and they refused to come & pick it up because 1) I had no account with them and 2) they don't normally come to Merritt unless they have a delivery.  Fedex advised me to send it back to Pivotal via Canada Post and then get the money back from them after they received it. I have found that the Help Line Staff was generall all French and hard to understand.  This has created many delays in solving problems.
When there is an error in their deposits to my bank, they insist on me sending them copies of my Statements - 1 week prior to the error or missing deposit AND 1 week after - so they can see that I'm not making it up.  This is rediculous & very time consuming.

So if you are thinking about using this company, be on your guard.  They don't save you a nickel in fact they cost you more.........and I haven't even mentioned anything about the LFG fees....that's another story.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pivotal-Payments/Montreal-Quebec-H3B-1M7/Pivotal-Payments-formerly-CARDEX-ripoff-scam-run-as-fast-as-you-can-away-unreliable-856834. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pivotal Payments