• Report: #920247

Complaint Review: Pivotal Payments | Ripoff Report Verified™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. nationwide credit & debit card processing, clearing & settlement, gift, loyalty, store value card programs, terminal management solutions, electronic check processing.

• Submitted: Tue, July 31, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: joshuabarbour — Ottawa Ontario Canada
Pivotal Payments

Pivotal Payments REVIEW: Pivotal Payments commitment to customer satisfaction, Pivotal Payments has implemented strategic changes to proactively enhance client satisfaction and the speed of their customer service response time. The company is focused on improving its clients’ payment processing methods, resulting in 100% satisfaction.
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Program as a safe business service – Pivotal Payments pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Pivotal Payments. Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to Pivotal Payments for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Pivotal Payments have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns.  The company listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.

Pivotal Payments is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..
The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Louis Georgakakis and  Patrick Huynh during an interview held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Pivotal Payments.

Pivotal Payments is a merchant service provider that helps their clients accept credit cards and also provides affiliate products such as software and terminals. Their target markets are in small to medium companies that are generally brick and mortar business. Currently, the company works in the United States and Canada and is looking to break into European markets this year. Pivotal Payments feels they have a competitive edge in the market place because they are constantly adding to, enhancing and increasing their product lines. Recently they have added the Pivotal 360, Pivotal 1, and Term Protection programs to help provide customers further options in services needed. The company also notes that they feel their customer service sets them apart and they have invested heavily in this department.

Louis Georgakakis stated, “The company’s core values are based on commitment, growth, entrepreneurialism and building relationships. Pivotal is committed to always doing the right thing, quickly, efficiently and to the best of its abilities. The company’s employees have the courage to take responsibility for all issues and learn from these issues to enhance the company. Employees are nimble, open and flexible to new ideas, innovation and technology to deliver on current and future opportunities. Pivotal understands that thousands of people and businesses across North America depend on them for their livelihood. We strive to build everlasting relationships with partners, customers, employees and suppliers to help the achieve mutual goals.”

In order to make Pivotal Payment’s feel they are having the best customer service possible, they state that they have a 24/7 customer service staff available, opportunities to be released from cancellation fees associated with contracts, a knowledge based management team and cross training amongst their staff. In regards to the company’s internal processes, Patrick Huynh stated the company is, “Continually working on customer service calls to be under an average of 30 seconds and we are working to enhance the quality of information communicated to the customer by cross training our staff. We also work to have proactive retention within our customer service meaning that we try to work with customers to solve issues before a complaint arises.”

Pivotal Payments states that they try to work with clients to satisfy all of their concerns within reason when working with them to discover a solution. Through this, the company states they can usually retain about 95% of their clients when concerns arise. The company works to help resolve customer’s pricing concerns by matching competitor’s pricing within reason when working with existing customers. One of the largest areas of concerns that has been brought to the company’s attention is in regards to an early termination fee being too high. To remedy this, the company has developed a Low Merchant Termination Policy that fee is about half of what it was previously. The Low Merchant Termination Policy addresses customers whose volume is lower and accounts for approximately 90% of Pivotal Payment’s business. The company states that they generally handle about 1200 customer cases per month where they make sure to address and review pricing options.

Louis Georgakakis stated, “We are happy to be a part of the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program because it gives us a reason to be proactive with client concerns. Ripoff Report allows us the opportunity to know who the customers are that have concerns and get them all the information needed to address the issue.” The company notes that the customers are entering into a legal agreement with Pivotal Payments and that is something that is taken into consideration when handling complaints. Because of Ripoff Report and other complaints the company has received in the past, their standard policy is that a customer can cancel their services without a fee if Pivotal Payments is unable to provide appropriate solutions to do whatever it takes to make the client happy.

A top executive of the company told us that their vision is “to be a top tier North American Merchant Services Provider by creating a meaningful contribution to its clients, partners, employees, suppliers and shareholders.” Pivotal Payments’ mission statement says it all: "Our mission is to provide valued processing solutions which make a positive material impact to the businesses of our merchants and partners across North America."  Some of the other things Rip-off Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads:  "Switching to Pivotal was the best move for my business! We were able to save money with no hassles." As well as, “Going with Pivotal Payments has been a great move since they offer good rates and service. I would recommend them to other merchants."

PIVOTAL PAYMENTS / "The company has implemented a sales compliance position to ensure that sales channels meet our internal standards as well industry regulations," explained Patrick Huynh, Vice-President of Client Services. "Our service levels have also improved tremendously over the past year and continue to do so as we proactively listen to the needs of our clients and respond rapidly to any and all concerns."

"We joined the Corporate Advocacy Program in order to better understand our clients’ issues and should they arise, react faster to address them," said Louis Georgakakis, Director of Marketing. "Our client care department’s improved response time, thorough compliance with industry regulations and greater customer satisfaction levels are all a testament to the hard work each and every employee at Pivotal has performed in order to accomplish our mission."

Pivotal Payments takes employee satisfaction seriously as well.  The company’s Youtube channel boasts several videos of its employees indicating their level of engagement and empowerment to helping the company reach its goals and developing better relationships with clients. One such video is from Eric, a Relationship Manager, who states "the best part for me about working here at Pivotal Payments, hands down, is making that little difference in my merchant's day." The comraderie experienced through these short clips makes it evident the close-knit unit at Pivotal Payments is dedicated not only to helping their merchant clients succeed, but helping each other grow as individuals.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM PIVOTAL PAYMENTS.

Paying close attention to feedback from customers and taking their concerns seriously.

Implementation of a fairer, flat early termination fee for all small merchants leaving a contract early.

Transparent pricing models both on the merchant application and in the terms of service.

Auto boarding process that gets a payment terminal to a merchant within 48 hours of application submission.

Maintaining an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for over a year and counting.

24/7 service available in both English and French with well trained, dedicated professionals.

Proactive outreach via survey to customers to ensure their concerns are heard and their feedback used to improve.

Pivotal Payments recognizes that complaints posted on Ripoff Report are issues to be seriously addressed.  If handled correctly, complaints can be valuable learning opportunities. With the feedback generated by Ripoff Report’s investigation, Pivotal Payments has made organizational changes allowing its clients and employees a more streamlined approach to problem resolution and a commitment to a great client experience.

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with Mr. Huynh, Mr. Georgakakis and many of the company’s past and current associates, Rip-off Report is convinced that Pivotal Payments is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike. Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them.  In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer ..

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Babylon Fish & Clam

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Astor Wines & Spirits

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - Cafe Picasso

Pivotal Payments - Client Testimonial - Garderie Manyl Inc

Pivotal Payments - Client Review - BECQ Security Group

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED
----------------------------------------------

Pivotal Payments First Data Outrageous cancellation fees, lying sales reps, third party rental, misleading Internet

Signed up for pivotal when they had a good deal on. Asked about the cancellation fees, was told it would only cost $300 to cancel. seemed reasonable. Found out it would be close to $2200 to cancel. Was misled by the sales agent.

Wasn't even told about the fact that they use a third party company for their terminals, who also has a contract, that is over a thousand dollars to cancel...

Yearly fees just being taken out of my account without permission. Terminal kills wireless card in machine if not used for a specific period of time, costing me time and money to replace.

Finally found someone to take my account over, was told they cannot take over the lease on the machine and to just return it. Found out that they could have taken the machine, and now am facing a Early Termination fee.

Long hold times. Uneducated tech staff that never have an answer to even the most basic questions.

Overall, I wouldn't wish this company on my worst enemy, I told the guy who took it over all of the problems with them, but he got duped by the monthly cost. And he only has a small remainder of the contract.

Is there a lawsuit out there, or someone doing a story on this type of company? I don't think these early termination fees are legal. if so, there are some serious issues. Contracts are the worst.

My complaints about Pivotal Payments have no end. Just complete misleading from the get-go. Read every single word in that contract before you do anything. Save yourself some money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pivotal-Payments/internet/Pivotal-Payments-First-Data-Outrageous-cancellation-fees-lying-sales-reps-third-party-re-920247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pivotal Payments

Fixed

AUTHOR: joshuabarbour - (Canada)

I emailed the owner of pivotal. and to my utter surprise he got back to me. I eventually received a full refund, above and beyond what I asked for.
Pivotal really stepped up their game lately with a lot of people, so as big as my complaint was they fixed it and more. SO this is to say that this issue is closed, win win. Thanks pivotal.
They did NOT ask me to write this, i'm doing it so they see that helping is usually a good thing.

I know

AUTHOR: joshuabarbour - (Canada)

I will NOT be bullied by them and their lack of help and wait times and terrible customer service. I will not rest until they fix my issue. Most terrible company I have ever worked for. I hope someday soon that there is a class action lawsuit against this crazy company

Really?

AUTHOR: joshuabarbour - (Canada)

I did not ask to be a part of a third party leasing on the machine. Was not even told I was part of one, you directed me to them and probably picked up a pretty hefty fee for it. I have the fax confirmation of the transfer of terminal.

I have called Pivotal Payments over 5 times.....to no avail. Everytime I ask for a manager i'm told they are busy and will get back to me within the hour. All three times it took 4 DAYS to get back to me.

the manager asked me to email him the fax proof that I have, i asked for his email and he gave me the info@pivotalpayments.ca email, he wouldn't even give me his business email so they could just ignore me. I sent it a long time ago and no one got back to me. His name was Matt.

I swear to GOD if my credit gets affected by this company i will sue so hard. I have the proof of the transfer of machine with signatures.

I have received about 15 letters from first data (the leasing company) and they are harassing me even though I called them like PIVOTAL told me to, they said it's up to pivotal to fix it.....I am getting passed around and not getting any help at all.

I will call one more time. OH and I have recorded conversations with pivotal that are available if anyone wants them. i record ALL my conversations with them. I will give them one more chance to fix this issue.

please email me
(((email redacted)))

#4 General Comment

Really Pivotal?

AUTHOR: Pivotal Payments Suck - (United States of America)

I love how Pivotal Payments always try's to act innocent.  You want this person to take it up with the leasing company.  Who did the leasing company pay a ridiculous amount of money to for sending this merchant to them?  Who set them up and filled out the paperwork for the leasing company?

You don't need to answer we all know that Pivotal Payments made most of the money here.   Don't let them do this to you.  Read other stories of Pivotal Payments at Pivotal Payments Suck

Recommendation for Resolution

AUTHOR: Pivotal Payments - (Canada)

Hi Joshua,

It is a representative from Pivotal. I looked into your account to review the comments you posted and I noticed that you have not been billed by us since May, 2012, when you effectively transferred the account to another party. You owe us absolutely nothing as there is NO outstanding balance associated to your transferred account.

The recommendation I would provide you with is to get in contact with the leasing company to have them resolve any outstanding balances.

If you need help getting in touch with them, do not hesitate to contact us.

I hope this clears everything up; if you have any additional questions, feel free to reach
out.