Complaint Review: Pizza Hut Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, August 04, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 04, 2009

• Reported By:Wylie Texas
Pizza Hut Corporation
14841 Dallas Parkway Wylie, Texas U.S.A.

Pizza Hut Corporation OverCharge By Theft Wylie Texas

*UPDATE Employee: I know this is late, but...

*Consumer Comment: Skipping ahead?

I had ordered a pizza online. I paid for it with my debit card. I wanted it delivered. I had to go out and called and said I would pick up the order. When I went in I showed her my card as proof that it was me. I always do this when they deliver. She took my card and swipped it. I asked her what she did and she said Oh sorry. She told me she would void the charge. I waited for it to clear the next day and it did not. I called the corporate office the next day and filed a complaint. They told me someone would call and get this taken care of.
No body has called within the last five days. Everytime I call to see if someone is going to call me they tell me it will be a longer time. In the meantime I have been charged $27.69 for delivery of a pizza. Then I was charged $24.85 for a pick up pizza.
I have ordered before without a problem. I will never order again and I will tell everyone I talk to to stop using them and if they do to make sure they are only charged the exact amount they should pay.
I have filed a consumer complaint with the State of Texas State Attorney General Consumer Complaint office. I have also filed charges with the Police dept against this person because it is a theft.

Linda
Wylie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2009 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pizza-Hut-Corporation/Wylie-Texas-75098/Pizza-Hut-Corporation-OverCharge-By-Theft-Wylie-Texas-476283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pizza Hut Corporation

I know this is late, but...

AUTHOR: Pickledleprechauns - (U.S.A.)

For future reference, since I'm more or less positive the original complaint has been solved: Pizza Hut's system does not allow carry-out orders to be pre-paid. When they changed the order from delivery to carry-out, the payment was voided. They could and should have given you a void slip. So the employee was very much correct in taking your card and swiping it. You're supposed to have a "double charge" on your account; voids take many *business days* to go through, but eventually will.

So for any one else who feels like jumping the gun and filing charges while waving their bank statement around...learn a little thing called patience.

Skipping ahead?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You are skipping ahead in the steps to fix this situation. Especially if its only been 5 days. Having worked in retail, you will need to get a printed copy of your bank statement proving the double charge. Most companies will not refund the money until you can prove you were double charged. This is not a print out of your online statement. You need an actual bank statement from your bank.

You need to take this statement in to the store manager and show him proof that you have been double charged and demand a refund. If he does NOT do the refund, then you need to contact your bank and dispute the charge. You will need to give your bank the proof that you were double charged so that they can use that against pizza hut. If the bank finds in favor of pizza hut, THEN you need to seek legal remedies.

Unfortunately, this does not constitute theft. The cashier had no idea that you had paid for the order online. These sort of mistakes happen often with electronic transactions. You would need to go after pizza hut in civil court, not criminal court. This would be a matter for small claims court. Before you go over the top, try being reasonable and doing the responsible thing first. Additionally, drop the attitude. If this is the same attitude you are giving pizza hut, then its just going t o make things harder.