Complaint Review: Pizza Hut

• Submitted: Sun, January 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, January 18, 2009

• Reported By:La Marque Texas
Pizza Hut
2305 Palmer Hwy Texas City, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 409-9484327
  • Web:
  • Category: Employees

Pizza Hut Illegal Discrimination Texas City Texas

*Consumer Comment: YOU NEED TO TALK WITH THE LOCAL OFFICE OF THE NAACP AND AN ATTORNEY ABOUT THIS

On December 6th , 2008 An employee brought it to my attention that she was making 7 dollars an hour, she has only been working here for about 4 months. The issue I have with that is I and others have been working here at Pizza Hut longer than she has and I/we have only been making 6.60 an hour or less than 7 an hour. This is wrong and unfair because she has no prior experience in the industry. I spoke to my General Manager Joshua White on December 8th , 2008 about the issue and he told me that:

-She was given that amount based on her high test score, odd hours on schedule.
-Payroll is the only one that could give me a raise because I have been there longer than him.
-The only way I would be able to get a raise is if he suggests to payroll that I get one, but its not guaranteed.
-He will not give anyone a wage increase just because someone has been there longer or has more experience.

I called payroll on December 10th, 2008 and was told the Area Coach and General Manager make the decision on wages, then forwards it to them, they made it clear that they have no control over that.

1. I did a follow-up and called payroll again on December 16, 2008, I spoke to Romanda, and she verified what was told to me on December 10th , 2008.

I believe that I have been discriminated against because of my race, Black, in violation of Title Vll of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. I believe Mr. White based his decisions to pay the white CSRs a higher hourly rate simply because they are White. Most of the African American CSRs are paid less than the Whites. I and the other African Americans have greater skills and experience than the higher paid CSRs. Mr. White used race as the criteria to set pay rates.

David
La Marque, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2009 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Pizza-Hut/Texas-City-Texas-77590/Pizza-Hut-Illegal-Discrimination-Texas-City-Texas-413550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pizza Hut

YOU NEED TO TALK WITH THE LOCAL OFFICE OF THE NAACP AND AN ATTORNEY ABOUT THIS

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

YOU NEED TO TELL THE NAACP OFFICE ABOUT THIS AND YOU NEED TO FIND A CIVIL RIGHTS ATTORNEY, AND TELL THEM ABOUT THIS TOO...

YOU NEED TO FILE A GRIEVANCE WITH THE EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION WITH YOUR LOCAL HUMAN RIGHTS OFFICE IF YOU HAVE ONE WHERE YOU LIVE.

YOU WILL PROBABLY GET SOME PEOPLE FIRED AND YOU MIGHT GET SOME FINANCIAL COMPENSATION OUT OF IT.

IF YOU DO, PLEASE USE IT TO TRAIN FOR YOUR OWN CHEF CAREER SO YOU WON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH STUFF LIKE THIS AGAIN.

HERE WE ARE WITH MR.OBAMA BEING INAUGURATED AND YOU WOULD THINK THAT PEOPLE WOULDN'T DO THIS SORT OF STUPID, IGNORANT DISCRIMINATION ANYMORE.