Complaint Review: Placer County Sheriff

• Submitted: Wed, August 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Kristin — loomis California United States of America
Placer County Sheriff
horseshoe bar road, Loomis, CA 95650 loomis, California United States of America

Placer County Sheriff Loomis, California Killed my dog in error, Illegal entry to home, Minors present loomis, California

In December 2010, the police entered my home unannounced and fatally shot my dog (greatdane mix). My daughter heard the shot and then one officer say to the other, "I can't believe you shot the dog.". The vet report clearly shows my dog was shot in the back while retreating.

I believe the officers were after a different dog which belonged to a tenant. They immediately went to the guest house on the property and tried to kill the dog residing there.  If it werent for the bravery of a young man visiting, that dog would be dead too. The young man wrapped himself around the dog and despite the officers telling him to release the dog or they would shoot him too, he held on.

My complaint against the county(filed within the time allowed) was denied. I was denied a copy of any report.

In July 2012, eighteen months after the incident, an officer pulled in front of my house as I was returning home.  He stated he was sorry about my dog being killed and told me he was not the one that shot the gun.

I have the casing/bullet from the injury safely tucked away if needed.

Kristin
Loomis, CA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2012 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Placer-County-Sheriff/loomis-California-95650/Placer-County-Sheriff-Loomis-California-Killed-my-dog-in-error-Illegal-entry-to-home-Mi-934361. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Placer County Sheriff