Complaint Review: Plains Commerce Bank Total VISA

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2011

• Reported By: Frustrated!! — Burnham Maine United States of America
Plains Commerce Bank Total VISA
P.O. Box 90340 Sioux City, SD 57109 ux City, South Dakota United States of America
  • Phone: 800-800-2143
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Plains Commerce Bank Total VISA WATCH YOUR CREDIT REPORT!!! ux City, South Dakota

*Consumer Comment: I hope you know

This company has been a headache since the day I got a Credit Card from them! I paid all my bills via debit card over the phone, got confirmation #'s. This company continuously harrassed me, claiming I didnt pay my bill. Every month I would get phone calls from them saying my payment is late. Then I would have to tell them to look through the file and they would see that I made my payment. EVERY month it was the same thing over and over again.... Finally I told them to close the card down. I paid the entire $189 balance that they were harrassing me over, and I went to my bank 1 1/2 later for a car loan and learned that Plains Commerce never reported it as being paid. So I called them. Every customer service rep that I spoke to had NO IDEA how to help. They told me I had to fax them a copy of my credit report before they could fix it. I refused. I asked to speak to a Supervisor and the rep told me there were no Supervisor's there... What the h**l kind of business are they running to have no Supervisors on duty??? I told her I would report it as fraudulent and she started laughing at me and said, 'Go ahead, you will get as far with that as your gonna get with us reporting your account paid to the credit bureau.. That's NO WHERE!!' I couldnt believe the Service I was getting. Completely disgusting!! I would tell anyone who even mentions this company to me to stay far away!! Your better off putting your Social Security # online for everyone to see than trusting this company with your credit!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plains-Commerce-Bank-Total-VISA/ux-City-South-Dakota-57109/Plains-Commerce-Bank-Total-VISA-WATCH-YOUR-CREDIT-REPORT-ux-City-South-Dakota-736587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plains Commerce Bank Total VISA

I hope you know

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

That there is no law that forces a company to report your account to any of the Credit Bureaus.  The only laws require that IF they report information that information must be correct.

So yea if you are going to try and force them to report that you made your payments with them, you are not going to get very far.  The only dispute you would have is if they did report it and what they reported is incorrect.

To get out of the "sub-prime" loans you need at least a solid 24 months of positive reporting from multiple sources.  So even if they did report it this one (probably low-limit) card that it looks like you had for a few months would do nothing to get you approved for a car loan on its own.  In fact once you closed it you pretty much cancelled out any help it MAY have been.