Complaint Review: Plains Commerce Bank, Total Visa, Total Card, Visa - SD

• Submitted: Sat, August 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 11, 2007

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Plains Commerce Bank, Total Visa, Total Card, Visa - SD
P.O. Box 89940 Sioux Falls, South Dakota U.S.A.

Plains Commerce Bank, Total Visa, Total Card, Visa - SD, VISA, P.O. Box 31594, Tampa, FL Unfair Collection and Late Fees/Penalty to generate additional interest income/profit Sioux Falls South Dakota

Plains Commerce Bank had a take-over/merger sometime Spring 2006. Prior to this, with only $250 in credit limit, it seems it was a non ever ending payments between 2005 and 2006 for penalth, late and participation fees.

In spring of 2005 I was terminally ill for months and currently disabled with a very chronic illness until today.

On May 17, 2006 I received a letter from the bank that after reviewing my account, they have determined that I have a credit due of $253.75. They noted that they have applied it any outstanding balance and also instrcuted the major credit bureaus to remove any negative reports filed by them through May 2006.

On June 28, 2006 two letters were sent to me stating that TOTAL VISA Credit Card with Plains Commerce Bank has been closed as the program is no longer offerred. I was informed that i will still continue to received monthly statements to pay-off the remaining balances.

On Sept. 2006, I issued a Judgement Proof letter to my creditors where I also sent a copy to Plains Commerce Bank/Total Card due to my chronic illness and disability. I also cited section c of the Fair Credit reporting practices that if I notify a debt collector, they mmust cease communication with me.

However, I continued to received monthly statements and ask my family to help pay for my monthly minimum payments which started to baloon again.

In June 26, 2007 my monthly statement finally had a remaining $32.24 balance owe. Of course I was excited that I just need one more month until July 2007 and this debt will foreever be gone and fully paid inspite fo the circusmstances.

However, when I received my 7/26/07 statement a $25.00 late fee was added again and the balance owed once again balooned to $57.78 with a note that my minimum payment due now is $50.00 and that my late payment could be reported to the major credit bureaus.

I don't what kind of scam these people are doing but I believe that they are violating the Fair Credit Practices. I never complained about these because I have a terminal illness and who knows if I will die or outlive my condition. My illness has not cure unfortunately and I cannot believe that this is happening in America.

Alexander
San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2007 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plains-Commerce-Bank-Total-Visa-Total-Card-Visa-SD/Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-57109-6940/Plains-Commerce-Bank-Total-Visa-Total-Card-Visa-SD-VISA-PO-Box-31594-Tampa-FL-U-266829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plains Commerce Bank, Total Visa, Total Card, Visa - SD