- Report: #966187
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Plan-It Event Productions
Plan-It Event Productions225 Bush Street San Francisco, California United States of America
Plan-It Event Productions The Event Planning and Design Institute, ACPSC Event job and career training SCAM San Francisco, California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The application process seemed legit enough, until I was "hired" the very next day as an Assistant Event Planner. Despite my 3 years of experience as an event assistant, the Plan-It advisor "Lori Reed" told me that the company would pay for a $295 event certification course at the Event Planning and Design Institute (EPDI). What company does that for a person they've never even interviewed?
So I did a little (okay, a lot) of research and here is what I found:
- Via Google Maps streetview, the EDPI headquarters is in an abandoned building (2026 E. Main St., Richmond VA)
- The EDPI is supposedly accredited by the Accrediting Council for Private Schools and Colleges (ACPSC), which is not listed in among those recognized by the USDE or CHEA. In fact, it seems that only the EPDI boasts of accreditation by the ACPSC.
- The aforementioned websites (planiteventproductions.com, epdinstitute.com, and acpsc.org) are ALL hosted by Bluehost.com, and became registered domain names just in this past year. "Helen Pham" (owner of planiteventproductions.com via WHOIS.COM) may be owner of all of them, since she owns more than 30 domain names.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plan-It-Event-Productions/San-Francisco-California-/Plan-It-Event-Productions-The-Event-Planning-and-Design-Institute-ACPSC-Event-job-and-car-966187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.