Complaint Review: Planes Moving & Storage

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By:OXFORD Ohio
Planes Moving & Storage
9823 Cincinnati Dayton Rd. West Chester, Ohio U.S.A.

Planes Moving & Storage Planes Moving & Storage (United Van Lines) will damage your furniture and not make restitution West Chester Ohio

*Author of original report: No one insulted me other than to treat my possessions like them were garbage

*Consumer Comment: What?!

*UPDATE Employee: Planes is the best

Able Services hired Planes Movers to relocate my furniture to my new home. I was told I did not have to be at my old house to monitor the movers since one of Able's employee's would be there to make sure everything went okay. The movers were told not to open the front door because of water damage. They kicked in the door anyway and left it with the panel kicked out; leaving my house unsecured with possessions still inside. The movers did further damage to my house and treated my possessions like they were garbage instead of furniture. One cabinet literally flew off their truck due to their carelessness and they destroyed another by not moving it propoerly. They did not protect any of my furniture and caused approximately $9,000 in damage and refused to repair or accept responsibility for any of the damage they did to my furniture. They refused to talk to me about it because Able Services contracted with them and Able Services did not assist me or take any responsibility either. Planes Moving & Storage is a subsidiary of United Van Lines. I wrote the the CEO of United Van Lines and received no assistance. Planes Moving & Storage and United Van Lines need to be out of the moving business! They are NOT professional movers.

Destroyed faith in people
OXFORD, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2008 07:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planes-Moving-Storage/West-Chester-Ohio-45069/Planes-Moving-Storage-Planes-Moving-Storage-United-Van-Lines-will-damage-your-furnit-303448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planes Moving & Storage

No one insulted me other than to treat my possessions like them were garbage

AUTHOR: Destroyed faith in people - ()

The people who moved my things were not professional.  If I did not know better, I would think they went around and picked people up off the street to move my furniture.  You can say you are good movers all you want, but I know this is not true.  I tried to remedy the situation but they refused to talk to me.  Planes is a terrible company and treat their customers like trash the same way they treat their possessions.  Also they were told they needed to use the back door, they were just too lazy to do that.  If you think they are so good why did my one cabinet go flying off the truck and get destroyed.  I hardly call this professional.  You can say what you want but Planes is a terrible company to do business with.

What?!

AUTHOR: Hopeless In OH - ()

Did John Hunt just blame the individual who got his door KICKED IN for not being home to tell the movers "Please don't kick in my door"?

FOLKS, this is the quality of personnel employed at Planes Moving & Storage - they will do anything to avoid restitution and taking care of the customer.  It is true in this case, in my case, and in every other online review I've read (which, by the way, I've yet to see a customer rate higher than 1 star).

I realize I made a statement painting ALL Planes employees with the same brush.  Because I can foresee a Planes employee getting offended by this, let me qualify my previous statement, because I can only speak to those employees with which I've had contact:

LITERALLY 100% OF THE EMPLOYEES I'VE CAME INTO CONTACT WITH ARE UNTRUSTWORTHY AND UNDERHANDED.  They will damage your house and your shipped property, and is a company that is truly COMMITTED to not giving you a dime.

Do yourself a favor, take your money elsewhere.

Sincerely,

Hopeless in OHIO

Planes is the best

AUTHOR: john hunt - (United States of America)

Your move is only as good as the driver they send to do it, you could go with any company there is and that fact will remain. However united is the best without a doubt, and planes is the best united agent in the system iv worked for them for 35 years and if I didn't think they were that good I would have left a long time ago. I also think it is very much your fault for not being at the residence during the move, moving is a life altering ordeal and should not be taken lightly. If you move again in the near future I strongly recommend planes and believe you would be satisfied with your results.

Sincerely an employee who's insulted you feel you have to slander movers so terribly