Complaint Review: Planet Fitness - Austin, TX

• Updated: Sat, July 31, 2010

• Reported By: T Cromer — De Soto Georgia United States of America
Planet Fitness - Austin, TX
Slaughter Lane Austin, Texas United States of America

Planet Fitness - Austin, TX stole my money, manager refused to return emails/phone calls, refused refund after giving certified letter Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Georgia, much of this is your own fault

I have been trying to cancel my membership with Planet Fitness since May 2010. I contacted the gym by phone and told them I no longer live in the area. I was informed I needed to send a certified letter requesting the cancellation.

I paid $12 to send the letter. At that time, I was contacted by the manager that she received my letter. She informed me of what I had to pay, including buyout fees and annual dues. I told her to draft it from my account and wanted to close it immediately.

I was informed that I would still be charged May's monthly fee along with the other fees, but it would be cancelled. I assumed the manager took care of everything.

Unfortunately, for the past 2 months, money has continued to be drafted from my account. I have attempted to notify the manager 3-4 times by email giving her ample opportunity to respond.

In the past week, I have called the gym 3 times to speak with the manager and each time I am told she is too busy. I have left messages and she has refused to call me back. Now, I have sent her copies of the emails and bank drafts and asked for a response and still, nothing.

She was more than willing to take plenty of time with us when we were looking to join, but now she can't even spare 5 minutes to clear this up with me. This is absurd and horrible business. I have not been to the gym in 3 months but continue to be charged, even after taking all the appropriate measures per their cancellation policy. This is theft in my eyes!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2010 11:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness-Austin-TX/Austin-Texas-/Planet-Fitness-Austin-TX-stole-my-money-manager-refused-to-return-emailsphone-calls-625563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness - Austin, TX

Georgia, much of this is your own fault

AUTHOR: Texan78730 - (United States of America)

No one should ever allow any company to draft your checking account.

Never, never, never!

You cannot stop the drafts short of closing your account.

Why should they try to to resolve your issues; you gave them access to your bank account!?

File a Small Claims suit against them (you can do it on line)

Good luck to you.