Complaint Review: Planet Fitness - Holland, MI

• Updated: Fri, June 06, 2014

• Reported By: Min — Rolling Meadows Illinois
Planet Fitness - Holland, MI
12330 James Street Holland, Michigan USA

Planet Fitness - Holland, MI Rudest personnel/rotten customer service/sarcastic employees Holland Michigan

I signed up with Planet Fitness in March, fully expecting to keep them for the year long commitment, but I got a job in ilinois and had to move. I asked at the Kalamazoo branch how I cancel (because my new location would not have any PFs nearby) and was told I had to go to my "home" branch which was Holland, MI.  I went there the next day and spoke to a young girl about it. I was given a paper to sign and told I would have a $58 early termination fee. I discussed just having signed up but she made it clear there was no way to get out of that - it was "policy". I was ok with that then and she also told me it was good I did it before the 10th of the month as I would have been charged an additional $20.00. I did gym that day and never came back as I moved out of state.

On my bank statement, I saw a $20.00 charge for May and a $39.00 charge for June. I phoned Holland. I spoke to the rudest male employee (the "Manager") who argued with me that I never signed anything, that they weren't reversing fees, that I had to send a certified letter to get the charges dropped. I argued about that and then asked for the corporate number. He told me "they will tell you the same thing." I said that's ok - I want their number. He told me "I don't have it. You'll have to go online".  REALLY???????????????? That's how PF handles customer complaints??? Ok . well let me tell you... I will do more WORD OF MOUTH against Planet Fitness and never EVER suggest anyone join you. You will fail as a company because of your crappy customer service. You have PAGES of customer complaints. I'm sorry I ever joined you  but you will get your "certified letter".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2014 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness-Holland-MI/Holland-Michigan/Planet-Fitness-Holland-MI-Rudest-personnelrotten-customer-servicesarcastic-employees-1152614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness - Holland, MI