Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Reported By: M300706 — Leesburg Virginia United States of America
Planet Fitness
3005 West Lake Mary Blvd East Granby, Connecticut United States of America

Planet Fitness Rude and Holds Your Membership Hostage East Granby, Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office your state

Several times over the past twelve months, I’ve requested cancellation of my membership. I have not used the gym since April 2010, yet I’ve been invoiced over $240. On 6 March 2011, I [again] contacted the gym in East Granby, Connecticut. This time, I was treated very rudely by your front desk. The woman talked ‘over me’ during my discussion, and ultimately, hung up on me when I requested to speak with the manager.

While I feel it is unacceptable to make it a requirement to send a certified letter, in this technologically advanced age, I find it even more appalling that I was treated with such disrespect by your employees. This makes no sense. Acquiring and keeping members is what the fundamental premise is for a health & fitness facility. Further, ‘holding them hostage’ is another story.

Today, there are several methods to verify the authenticity of the caller. Banks and financial investors allow the caller to make significant changes to their financial instruments daily by phone. There are also other methods such as email, and regular USPS mail. I’m finding it very difficult to accept that I must be there in person, or send a certified letter to cancel my membership…again one would perceive this as a ‘hostage’ situation. A class action could be pursued, given the technology that is being avoided by your company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/East-Granby-Connecticut-06060/Planet-Fitness-Rude-and-Holds-Your-Membership-Hostage-East-Granby-Connecticut-703388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness

File a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office your state

AUTHOR: Due Diligence Agent - (United States of America)

File a complaint with 1000's of others at the Attorney Generals Office in your state. Contact the BBB and then forward the complaint to the FBI (Internet Fraud Division)