Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Submitted: Mon, January 03, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 03, 2011

• Reported By: Katherine H. — canton Ohio United States of America
Planet Fitness
4317 Whipple Ave. NW North Canton, Ohio 44718 North Canton, Ohio United States of America

Planet Fitness World Gym, Golds Gym Upon entering the Planet Fitness facility I was informed by a staff member I would not be allowed to exercise because I had a turbin on. I was forbidden to go into gym area thereby prompting me to ask North Canton, Ohio

at appx. 11:00 am on jan.3,2011 I entered the Planet Fitness facility in north canton, ohio. I was going to exercise this was my first session as I had just joined the club on jan. 2,2011. i was stopped by a rep for the club who told me i could not enter the club because i wore a turbin on my head.

i explained to the rep i wasnt informed of any such rule had i been i would not have joined an establishment that would not allow me to wear what i deemed properattire to work out in especially head wear. the rep stated that i should have read one of a million signs posted on the wall stating this . i replied that i spoke to a sales rep in your facility who should have informed me of such restrictions. i asked her since i was there could i go ahead and work out she told me no. i advised that i wear a turbin due to religious beliefs the rep referred me to the manager.

the manager and i discussed the fact that i wanted a refund and that i wear a turbin due to religious beliefs she stated i didnt tell her but i would need to get a note from my church confirming that. i told her that is the most riduculois thing i ever heard of. the manager proceed to be rude to me she informed me that I could just take my business elsewhere they didnt need me to be their customer. I was humiliated and ridiculed and the reps laughed at me and i was shoed out the door.

I was treated with a racism approach and it was because my culture was different from the acceptable norm for Planet Fitness. I was told that my turbin intimidated people that is why i couldnot wear it to exercise in but i could wear a baseball hat that was permissable i informed her that i donot wear baseball hats i am an older lady and i wear a terry towel turbin to work out in. the manager did give my money back but that isnt what this is about it is about not being able to join a gym that is supposed to be open to the public and has the motto "we here at planet fitness are here to provide a unique environment in which anyone and we mean anyone can be comfortable a diverse judgement free zone where a lasting active lifestyle can be built". this is the mission statement advertised in the canton repository during the pre opening publicity media. This is a false mission statement and the reps and managers for the planet fitness outfit are practicing the opposite which is racial profiling and discrimanation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2011 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/North-Canton-Ohio-44718/Planet-Fitness-World-Gym-Golds-Gym-Upon-entering-the-Planet-Fitness-facility-I-was-inform-678228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness