Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Reported By: You got to be kidding me — Richmond California
Planet Fitness
4925 MacDonald Avenue Richmond, California USA

Planet Fitness Customer Service Richmond California

Planet Fitness is such a rip off compamy they advertise their gym as not having a membership which is a crock of lies then when you call and talk to the young kids that work there it is like talking to a mechanincal Barbie doll.  I wanted to cancel the membership well I only have 2 months left on it and they told me I could either pay $58.00 or wait until my year and then cancel.  Okay $58 vs $39.98 so I decided to ride out the membership and just suck out another 40 bucks well as soon as I left the gym they charge $19.99 to my bank account so I called them and asked what's up with the charge.  The mechanical employee explained that every june they suck money from all their clients for the annual membershiip.  Okay so back to the fact that you don't pay membership dues the mechanical Ken doll told me everyone pays this fee.  So we had  a few words back and forth and I asked to speak to the manager and he told me there is no manager so I will just go in and cancel the membership.

So if you are planning to join this gym please beware you are signing up a membership and in addition to the monthly fee you are paying an annual fee also.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2014 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/Richmond-California-94804/Planet-Fitness-Customer-Service-Richmond-California-1151401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness