Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Reported By: fredericksburgpf — San Antonio Texas United States of America
Planet Fitness
4400 Fredericksburg Road San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Planet Fitness Over Charged for cancelled memebership San Antonio, Texas

I cancelled my membership verbally with a representative present at the center after a workout. I asked her if there was anything I needed to sign to void my membership. She told me that she would cancel my membership herself. So I left the fitness center believing my membership would be cancelled and no charges would continue. They still charged me for 4 months. Later I asked them why they were still charging me? Their response was that I was suppose to sign a document or write a letter stating my request for membership cancellation and mail it to some address. The representative NEVER mentioned anything about signing a document or mailing a letter to cancel my membership accordingly.

I was wondering how many other members were lied to and scammed in this manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/San-Antonio-Texas-78260/Planet-Fitness-Over-Charged-for-cancelled-memebership-San-Antonio-Texas-956422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness