Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Updated: Mon, November 21, 2011

• Reported By: bink — Warren Michigan United States of America
Planet Fitness
13750 E 11 Mile Rd Warren, Michigan United States of America

Planet Fitness Scammers renew contracts by your inaction and take money without notice Warren, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: File a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office

I signed up with this gym a year ago and barely used the memberships. I tried cancelling but the manager said I had to finish the contract. So I did. I was relieved when the last payment was deducted from my account as both my girlfriend and I have a membership which I pay.

10 days after deducting my last monthly membership of $19.95 per each member, this company had the nerve to charge me an additional $39 annual maintenance fee per member. I contacted the club again, and the manager told me it is in the agreement that if you do not cancel in person, they automatically renew your contract and charge you additional fees.

No warning. No letters. Nothing. Just like a crook, they went into my account and took out and additional $78.

Now, they say I am stuck into another year. Total scam. I could see if I disputed the charges a month or 2 later, but I responded as soon as it turned "PENDING" in my bank account. Plus, I already told them I wanted to cancel.

These people are ruthless. They do not care about the members. These are the exact tactics scamming corporations use to steal your money. Just like the old "magazine subscription enrollment unless you tell them no."

Since this is a corporate issue, it doesn't matter what state you are in, the same problem will happen. Avoid at all costs. They are mean.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2011 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/Warren-Michigan-48089/Planet-Fitness-Scammers-renew-contracts-by-your-inaction-and-take-money-without-notice-Wa-736022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness

File a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office

AUTHOR: Due Diligence Agent - (United States of America)

File a complaint with 1000's of others at the Attorney Generals Office in your state. Contact the BBB and then forward the complaint to the FBI (Internet Fraud Division)