Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Reported By: Wendella — Chicopee Massachusetts United States of America
Planet Fitness
Riverdale Rd West Springfield, Massachusetts United States of America

Planet Fitness THIEVES!! West Springfield, Massachusetts

I became disabled during use of equipment at Planet Fitness. I cancelled my contract when my doctor told me I needed major back surgery. This was in 2010. The girl at the counter explained that I "may be billed one more time before cancellation goes through". Of course I was billed again. Having a serious operation and being bed ridden for months, it took me a few months to realize they were STILL billing me.

I called and complained numerous times, and was told repeatedly that someone would call me back. No one ever did. I went there numerous times to have this problem resolved. The first 2 times, I was told someone will call you. Today, in 2012!!, the person at the counter tells me he can't do anything without my cancellation paper (that would now be over 2 years old!) because they do not have my cancellation on file!!

I argued that he can obviously see I haven't been to the gym in over 2 years because I hurt myself using the equipment. And I want my money back for the last 26 months. He tried to comfort me (or should I say shut me up) by saying he could refund me the service fees but will have to first find my paperwork, which will take a few hours. He said he would call me as soon as possible.

As I am 5 minutes into my ride home, he calls and says "there's nothing we can do for you, we do not have a cancellation on file. Nor do they have any information that I have been trying to resolve this matter for 2 years!!

For the last 18 months I have been trying to cancel this "membership" that I DID cancel already, and I'm out hundreds of dollars!! How convenient for them to have no proof I cancelled! Why do you have computers there if you don't use them? And how nice of you to keep me begging for resolution so you can continue to STEAL my money!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/West-Springfield-Massachusetts-01089/Planet-Fitness-THIEVES-West-Springfield-Massachusetts-923803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness