Complaint Review: Planet Fitness

• Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: Gabrielle — Albany New York United States of America
Planet Fitness
Across the US Nationwide United States of America

Planet Fitness Potential Identity Theft, Personal Information not Private, Corporate Offices Do Not Address Complaints Various Locations, Nationwide

I reported a privacy concern to Planet Fitness' corporate offices. I witnessed their employee brazenly showing customer data in their computers to a friend of theirs who happened to come in to the gym. I was concerned because my personal information (including things that could be used to steal my identity such as address, billing information, etc) is stored in these computers. In general, customer data should not be shared with non-employees, regardless if it is confidential or not.

They have responded in the following ways:
1. No response for a week
2. Manager calls me, then tells me I am lying about the what I witnessed
3. Corporate tells me what the employee was fired, I reply that they were not, I saw them working there just the day before
4. Corporate tells me I can cancel my membership if I don't like their solution (there was no solution presented)
5. Corporate cancels my membership without even notifying me

I do not believe this is the proper way to handle a customer with privacy concerns, especially when the behavior of this employee was caught on camera. Both management and corporate have treated me very poorly and refused to address my concerns at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2011 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Fitness/nationwide/Planet-Fitness-Potential-Identity-Theft-Personal-Information-not-Private-Corporate-Offi-787640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Fitness