Complaint Review: Planet Mitsubishi

265 North Franklin St Hempstead, New York United States of America

Planet Mitsubishi Does not honor advertised prices Hempstead, New York

*General Comment: memorable experience

THEY DON'T HONOR ADVERTISED PRICES

Planet Mitsubishi advertised a 2007 BMW on their web site, and on Autotrader.com, for $19,990.  I went to the dealership, test drove the car, and told the salesman (Chris) I was interested in purchasing. When I told him I would be paying cash (bank check), he immediately said the cash price was $23,990, not $19,990.  The only way he would honor the $19,990 price was if I would agree to finance the car through the dealership.  I do not need to finance my car purchases, so I declined the financing, but he insisted that the price would be $23,990.  I told him it is unethical to advertise a car at one price and then demand a higher price at the dealership.  I asked to see a manager, he brought out "Adam' the sales manager, and Adam said the same thing -- the cash price is $23,990, non-negotiable.  Chris told me they can only honor their lower, advertised prices if you finance because they get a kickback fromt he bank for every car they finance, and without the kickback, they would be losing money on the sale.  He also told me that they rarely sell any new Mitsubishi's, they're really just a used car lot, they just got the Mitsubishi dealership to create more credibility for selling used cars.  I walked out and would never buy a car from these people.  I have reported the dealership to the New York Attorney General's Office and I hope other people do the same -- this is a very unethical dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Mitsubishi/Hempstead-New-York-11550/Planet-Mitsubishi-Does-not-honor-advertised-prices-Hempstead-New-York-1039775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Mitsubishi

#1 General Comment

memorable experience

AUTHOR: damianfabian - ()

I never write review for anybody but for planet Mitsubishi I had to say my thoughts, Richard was such a nice gentleman I cant explain. I bought Bmw 328xi sedan and I drove the car for a month car was really very nice and drove very well but I was having fit my entire family so we decided to go see Richard and asked him if we could get out this car, He was so accommodating I cant tell you he said no problem and directed us to Audi q7 suv with  7 passengers. We instantly loved the looks and the 7 passenger convenience was a real plus. Richard gave us the car for 2 days to test drive before we make a decision. we could not believe any dealer would take a car back after a month and give us another car to test drive. We finally re signed the new contract and now we are proud owner of Audi q7. Everybody at planet Mitsubishi thank you for making my buying experience a memorable, Thank you