Complaint Review: Planet Stereo

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By:West Covina California
Planet Stereo
628 N Azusa, Covina, CA 91722 Covina, California United States of America

Planet Stereo ripoff dishonest lying inflates prices ignorant rude no backbone Covina California

I purchased $85 worth of car audio merchandise that included 1 pair of rockford speaker ($60), 2 fuse holder ($7.50ea), and 20 terminal ($.50.ea). $95 total after tax. They ended up giving me a lower model speaker even after i specfied a model number of the speaker i wanted. I ended returning them the speaker, but they did not give me a refund nor did they want to get the correct speaker. The manager started to say I was f***ing him because i wanted the refund.

I filed a small claims, but the judge dismissed the case because I did not have the orginal reciept (Planet stereo kept it when I returned the speakers.) Now that i have a $93 storecredit, when i went to spend the credit, the store manager Tony inflated all of the prices. the wrong speaker that they gave me would cost $90, terminal $1.50ea, fuse holder $20ea. , which meant i needed to pay them more. The manager also wanted to bet me my storecredit and to humiliate me for an apology, but when i ask what would i have gotten if i won the bet, he said i wouldve win nothing After this incident, i reported them to the BBB but they denied all wrong doing, and in a written statement said that I was making false claim and they do not treat their customers unethically. And if I wanted something I should go to their store and they would help me.

I ended up giving Tony a call to try to resolve this problem. I told him just give me the wrong speaker and 1 fuse holder and 2 terminal and I will just take the loss, but he refuse to agree. He knows i have a worthless credit. He wanted me to go down the store, but from the last 3 times i went there it was a waste of gas and all he did was try to humiliate me by bad mouth me in front of his employees. When i told him over the phone that i wanted to settle the case, he said he was busy and hung up on me.

short of $85 which is not a big deal, but this is the impression and my experience with planet stereo

Nelson West Covina, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2004 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planet-Stereo/Covina-California-91722/Planet-Stereo-ripoff-dishonest-lying-inflates-prices-ignorant-rude-no-backbone-Covina-Cali-102440. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planet Stereo