Complaint Review: Planned Parenthood

• Submitted: Wed, February 08, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Jeff — Maitland Florida U.S.A.
Planned Parenthood
695 E Yosemite Ave, Suite 2 Manteca, California United States of America

Planned Parenthood Discrimination Victim Manteca, California

My wife and I went to this location for services.  She wanted to get a Pregnancy Test done and, if it came back Negative, get some birth control.  She was told that she would have to agree to step away from me to talk to them privately.  When she refused, she was told that she would not be given service unless she cooperated with this policy.  My wife told them that she wanted me present and was waiving her HIPAA rights, as far as I am concerned.  Service was still refused.  My wife sent a Certified Letter to Planned Parenthood at this address.  The letter stated that she wanted me present for all conversations and services.  We went to an attorney's office and were told that, because my wife has a Fiduciary Relationship with me and we are legally married, Planned Parenthood does not have the right to refuse service to her.  This came straight from an attorney's office.  Now, Lisa Riley called us back, sending repeated messages to our voicemail and intentionally playing Phone Tag with us (there are codes you can put into a phone that will send you straight to voicemail).  She only spoke to us directly after we reminded her that we intended to file a Lawsuit if this problem was not handled appropriately, which includes giving my wife proper customer service.  After much back pedaling, she stated that she "did not have the authority to change Planned Parenthood's policy for my wife."  However, when we asked for a copy of this policy in writing, we were simply referred to the HIPAA laws, which my wife already waived, in writing, so that I would be allowed to be present for everything.  I did some private research and found that, if such a policy truly exists at Planned Parenthood, it is NOT in writing anywhere online.  And yet, they refused my wife service and discriminated against us.  The person we spoke with on the phone that gave the final refusal was Lisa Riley.  The woman that we met at the location that initially denied my wife service was Charlotte H. Brown.  We do not understand why this organization refuses to acknowledge my wife's legal rights, but they continue to do so to this day.  And my wife DOES have a legal right to have me in the room for everything.  We checked it out through an attorney's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2012 04:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planned-Parenthood/Manteca-California-95336/Planned-Parenthood-Discrimination-Victim-Manteca-California-835760. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planned Parenthood