Complaint Review: Planned Parenthood

• Updated: Mon, September 30, 2013

• Reported By: Chrystal — Spanaway Washington
Planned Parenthood
1515 MLK way Tacoma , Washington USA

Planned Parenthood Be prepared to pay a fortune for birth control if you work at all Tacoma Washington

*Consumer Comment: What a disturbing attitude..

I went into planned parenthood because I was without affordable insurance though my company. I choose the patch as I had had issues remembering to take the pill. I recieved eight months worth and was sent on my way. Later I received a bill for almost $600 for the birth control. I was denied from the take charge program as I made a couple hundred dollars more a month than the progam elligibility.  I was able to work with the company ($20 a patch with 3 needed a month would hae been nice to know before I ordered, but they did not disclose that the patch was 3 times more expensive then the pill). Now, I am trying to get a few more months before my company health insurance starts and they want to charge me almost $100 a month for the patch. I can change to the pill but have to see a physician (so I can sit down for 5 minutes wihile they ask me arbitraty questions and finally write out a perscription for the pill). $100 a month is NOT affordable and instead of planned parenthood offering programs and services for people who don't make much money but do work very hard, they make it impossible to be responsible. Should I get pregnant, the cost to the state could potentially be enormous. If I were a donor for planned parenthood, I would find an organization that is actually helping provide preventative services to those that need it., knowing that my money is best spent with proper parent planning rather than making up for lack of services when the people who cant access affordable birth control start having babies. THere are no resources for those of us that are low income but just barely are not elligible for the program. Very bad form.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2013 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planned-Parenthood/Tacoma-Washington-98405/Planned-Parenthood-Be-prepared-to-pay-a-fortune-for-birth-control-if-you-work-at-all-Taco-1088347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planned Parenthood

What a disturbing attitude..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

What attitude is that?  Well to paraphrase "If I don't get the birth control I want for the price I want it is going to cost the State(Taxpayers) a lot of money".

Do you see what is wrong with what you are saying..no probably not.  Well let me try to enlighten you on something your parents may have never done.

Having sex is NOT a right.  That is correct, there is nothing that says you are required to have sex.  If you can't afford $100/month in Birth Control perhaps you should use the one method of birth control that has been proven to work(well in all but one case in human history) and is totally FREE.  What is that one way...keep your panties on.

Because guess what even the patch has an failure rate of somewhere between 2-10%.

Anyways as for getting the Birth Control.  You are an adult correct?  Well as an adult do you go into a store and just buy a shirt or a pair of shoes without finding out how much they are..of course not(I hope)?  So why would it be any different going into a Clinic and asking how much the patch is before you order it?