Complaint Review: Planters Inn

• Reported By: Bob — Indialantic Florida United States of America
Planters Inn
19 Abercorn Street Savannah, Georgia United States of America

Planters Inn Theft Savannah, Georgia

The Planters Inn in Savannah has a problem with theft. On a recent stay (10/2/2012), I used their valet parking service. My car was broken into, ransacked, and personal items were stolen, including a lap-top computer, GPS, and cell phone. The car showed no signs of forced entry and the alarm never went off, and so I conclude that it was either deliberately or carelessly left unlocked. This was apparently not a rare occurence; the hotel manager told me that I would probably find my discarded suitcase abandoned somewhere near my car in the garage (which he did), and the police told me that they have a problem with this type of crime. The hotel refunded my room charge but took no responsibility for the theft, even though it was their employee who parked my car and had the key. Because of such negligence, I would discourage anyone from staying at the Planters Inn.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Planters-Inn/Savannah-Georgia-31401/Planters-Inn-Theft-Savannah-Georgia-965983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Planters Inn