Complaint Review: Plantronics, Inc

• Updated: Fri, September 20, 2013

• Reported By: kenlybly — brooklyn New York
Plantronics, Inc
1470 Exposition Way, Suite 130 San Diego, California USA

Plantronics, Inc Provided serial number, asked me to send defective unit in for RMA, then told me not under warranty and need to pay for replacement. San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: So when DID you purchase the unit....

I purchased a hands free unit by Plantronic just recently and have only used it for a few times.  It does not power on anymore after that.  I gave the serial number to Plantronics and asked them for RMA procedures.  They told me I have to send in the unit before they can do anything.  I sent in the unit, and then received an email saying that "The unit is out of warranty, the cost to replace this unit is $59.00 plus your local sales tax.

We no longer make the Voyager 815, therefore, the replacement would be replaced with the Voyager Pro HD."  So, basically, I was asked to purchase a new unit, because with $59, I can get a decent hands free anywhere if I find a good deal.  It is as if they are just trying to make more money off me by saying that the unit is out of warrantly.

First, they could have told me before I sent in the unit.  I feel like they ask me to send it in, and then they can reuse it again, and I lost my shipping.  Also, when I email them again for further question (warranty period etc.) I never got a response.  I would understand if the unit is used/purchased last year, but in this case, I have just started using the unit and the representative did not even ask for proof of purchase to find out the date of purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2013 10:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plantronics-Inc/San-Diego-California-92154/Plantronics-Inc-Provided-serial-number-asked-me-to-send-defective-unit-in-for-RMA-then-1086055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plantronics, Inc

So when DID you purchase the unit....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

and what was the length of the warranty? If you didn't know this, why not?  Looks like enough blame to go around.