Complaint Review: PlasmaNet, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, June 30, 2001
  • Updated: Sun, January 30, 2011

• Reported By:tamuning Guam
PlasmaNet, Inc.
420 Lexington Ave. Suite 2435 New York, New York U.S.A.

PlasmaNet, Inc. freelotto.com rip off Non-delivery of winning prize *REBUTTAL

*General Comment: Wadaya Expect for Free?

*Consumer Comment: why free lotto sites does not work in Pakistan as member cant logning here in pakistan

*Consumer Suggestion: Oh, come on

*Consumer Comment: FreeLotto does not pay their advertisers

*Consumer Comment: .Freelotto and the data protection act.

*Consumer Comment: User Names

*0: Something is not right!

*0: ...incorrect and slanderous

I received mail from freelotto.com (PlasmaNet, Inc.) states that I am the winner of a luxury car dated 02/20/2001 requesting notarized affidavit to be mailed back. On 04/06/2001 received letter states that affidavit has been received, and verified as winner of a luxury car, requesting invoice from car dealer to be faxed.

A check of $50,000.00 for payment of the car will be mailed to car dealer within 3 to 6 weeks. It's 3 months passed. Nothing happened. Daily phone calls to the company were put to answering machine. Several fax sent to the company with no reply. Car dealer has been pushing me to pick up the car invoiced, and promised to be paid by PlasmaNet, Inc.

PlasmaNet has launched auto freelotto subscription in May, 2001, and charged $9.95 per month to subscriber. Beware, PlasmaNet has no intentions of paying any winning prizes as claimed in their website: freelotto.com

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on PlasmaNet

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/PlasmaNet-Inc/New-York-New-York-10170/PlasmaNet-Inc-freelottocom-rip-off-Non-delivery-of-winning-prize-REBUTTAL-5599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on PlasmaNet, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Wadaya Expect for Free?

AUTHOR: Jackmc - (United States of America)

I've been playing Freelotto for the past 10 years. I've hit 3 of 6 or 4 of 6 on their $1M game many times. They have always paid promptly and havevery promptly responded to several minor problemsI've had withaccess and results notifications - usually the problem was on my end.

If I had invested $1 in the local lottery as often as I've played Freelotto, I would have spent about $20K. I would assess my winnings at somewhere less than $100, but the return was a net gain - a huge gain compared with state run lotteries.

Wadaya expect for Free?

Sure I get a couple of emails from them a day - one is the results notification from the day before and the other is promoting their subscription service. Their emails are designed to appeal to the desire to win and get rich that is inherent to our species, but I have no problem with that - in fact it is good marketing and not a deceptive trade practice.

I'll continue to play as long as they offer free chances to win.

AUTHOR: Pir_mehmood - (Pakistan)

free lotto is internationaly know and it is internationaly work and we all know that from october 2005 so many country has been alowed to play their citizens as freelotto wining game in which pakistan is also mentioned

I aM FROM pAKISTAN i am international players of freelotto and i also send my submit entries to plazma net through postal letter

from 20 days i have daily recieved emails that i have won 1,000,000.00 dollars plz confirm pin code thgat you are pir mehmood shah
i have trried many times to click the links for confirmation but unfortunetly it does noit brows here in pakistan
i have also tried to login in my account of freelotto.com.....but un fortunatly it is not logning in pakistan and country error comes sites does not work
i dont know why
let me know how can i get my prize here in PAKISTAN PLZ

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Oh, come on

AUTHOR: Anon - (U.S.A.)

If you don't want to receive email from them--or anybody else--BLOCK their email address. It's very simple, and will save you a lot of apparent aggravation.

FreeLotto does not pay their advertisers

AUTHOR: Jimmy - (Canada)

Freelotto.com was banned from linkshare.com awhile ago which was a middleman ads company that would track all the signups/stats and each signup they would pay $1 that a websit would refer. But they would only send out payments after 6 months (not month to month), what happened with my site I was expecting payment but after the 6th month they decided to stop sending payments to many webmasters/advertisers and as a result they ripped off hundreds of thousands of dollars off of advertisers got 6 months of free advertising/signups from people. If this company cannot pay a few hundred grand to the few hundred thousand people they got signed up with their service surely they ain't paying out the millions they are claiming to. Freelotto you want to clean up your record I think you should pay your advertisers first especially from linkshare.com its been over a year and a half now.

.Freelotto and the data protection act.

AUTHOR: Naomi - ()

I have been harrassed by plasmanet.inc for months.
I have proof of my unsubscribing (print screens witnesses cookies saved on disc e.t.c) which i have handed my lawyer.

I have tried to find a contact address , and as you can imagine none. There may be somthing wrong with the database but 26 times is extremes and this doesnt include the other many times, i have tried without the proof of.

This saga has been running over 2 years.
I only ask they stop sending me mail.

User Names

AUTHOR: Joseph - ()

I had over 16 usernames and played them all. Now they let me use 11 names eve though I can not play the others. It is not fair to me or anyone else.

#7 0

Something is not right!

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: kmperkins@msn.com

Their name: Michael Perkins

Their relationship to the company: Consumer Suggestion

Rebuttal:

I have received several emails requesting that I go to website and enter an ID and Password that I have been given from freelotto. I can't seem to get to their website. My email reads that this is the fifth notice that I am to enter my numbers on the under the fast section at freelotto.

Freelotto is right it is the fifth time I have received the email from them. But I receive there hurry notices in triplicate. I don't know what I have one or not but clearly they do not want me to enter the code numbers at the website. So I have to say that I would not give this website any iformation period. Something is not right!

#8 0

...incorrect and slanderous

AUTHOR: - ()

This email is a rebuttal to RipOff #5599.

It was sent by Edward R. Curtin, General Counsel, PlasmaNet, Inc. at edcurtin@mail.freelotto.com.

PlasmaNet, Inc. freelotto.com rip off Non-delivery of winning prize (#5599)

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: edcurtin@mail.freelotto.com

Their name: Edward R. Curtin, General Counsel, PlasmaNet, Inc.

Their phone number: 212-931-6760

Their relationship to the company: Advocate

Rebuttal:

Your report of 6/30/01 is incorrect and slanderous. PlasmaNet paid $50,000 to the luxury car dealer on behalf of the winner or our Win A Car Sweepstakes drawing, which you can confirm with the winner directly.

There was a brief delay occasioned by withholding tax questions that arose in connection with the payment of sweepstakes prizes in Guam, but once that was straightened out the prize was paid promptly.

Thus, for you to publish an irresponsible statement that"Beware, PlasmaNet has no intentions of paying any winning prizes as claimed in their website" is unwarranted and damaging to our reputation. Accordingly, we reserve all legal rights with respect to this matter unless you see fit to publish an

appropriate retraction.