Complaint Review: Plate Pass, LLC

• Updated: Tue, April 02, 2013

• Reported By: Shocked — Baltimore Maryland
Plate Pass, LLC

Plate Pass, LLC Rental Car Tolls Charged for tools I did not use Internet

On Friday, February 22, I rented a car from Hertz to travel round trip from Baltimore to Orlando. While I saw that the vehicle was equipped with one of those EZ Pass type plates I wasn't concerned as I had researched the route I was taken specifically to avoid tolls. I returned the car on Monday, February 25 with no issues noted from Hertz. Yesterday I noticed a charge pending against my account from "Rental Car Tolls Scottsdale AZ US" a company I did not recognize. Online research showed it to be a company called Plate Pass which is apparently widely known for getting credit card info from Hertz & charging cards. In other situations I've read about drivers passed through a toll on the first day of rental then were assessed a "service fee" daily whether they passed through another toll or not. In all cases it seems like fees began once the driver passed through a toll. but on the entire almost 1800 mile round trip we did not pass through one single toll booth. We specifically planned our route to avoid them - so why is there a $44+ cahrge on my account for a service I did not use, initiate or authorize? You bet my bank has been notified!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 05:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Plate-Pass-LLC/internet/Plate-Pass-LLC-Rental-Car-Tolls-Charged-for-tools-I-did-not-use-Internet-1039913. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Plate Pass, LLC