Complaint Review: Platepass

Platepass
Internet, Arizona United States of America

Platepass Hertz Platepass Scam for platepass charge Internet, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: The Scam is Widespread

I rented a car from Hertz in FL for a week. Today when I reviewed my American Express bill I found a $17.25 charge on 3/14/13 to Paypass. Never heard of this until I checked Paypass out on the Internet & found many similar complaints going back more than two years.Apparently the company gets info re: rental car plates & uses this to charge people like me for using toll roads. American Express took off the charge but sif the company disputes my claim I may have to prove I didn't use the car on 3/14/13. Why hasn't someone stopped this if the scam has been going on so long???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platepass/Internet-Arizona-/Platepass-Hertz-Platepass-Scam-for-platepass-charge-Internet-Arizona-1036922. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platepass

The Scam is Widespread

AUTHOR: RoadiJeff - ()

Hertz tried this same Platepass scam with me in Florida, too.  What they didn't do was scan a copy of my CC when I reserved the vehicle and thus they could not automatically charge me.

After 4-5 months of them sending me notices to pay for some bogus toll charge they finally gave up.  I guess they figured that the postage and handling would eventually exceed the $10 toll "service fee" they were trying to squeeze out of me.  I haven't heard from them in over two years.

I'm sure that I am on some sort of Hertz blacklist but that's OK - there are plenty of other rental companies to choose from and Hertz is not the lowest priced anyway.