Complaint Review: Platinum Benefit Group

• Submitted: Fri, October 07, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, October 07, 2005

• Reported By:Corona South Dakota
Platinum Benefit Group
16807 US Highway 19 North Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Platinum Benefit Group fraudulent deceptive voice mail service, ripoff Clearwater Florida

Somehow, online when I applied for a credit card, I got taken for $129.95 immediately, and then another $9.95 before I knew what was happening. I called the day after I found out my account had been debited and cancelled the card.

I called the number associated with the charge. The girl gave me a confirmation number and I thought all was well. The next month, another charge occured and I still had no refund. Not only that, when I called back, the number was associated with a voice mail service. Something I had never even heard of.

So, the recurring charge of $9.95 was for a voice mail. That required another phone number to cancel. I was infuriated after being put on hold for ever. Finally, that girl gave me another confirmation number for cancellation and I demanded my money back. She said she could send out a credit refund request form within 7-10 days.

It came LATE. I filled it out and returned it immediately. They returned me a letter of denial for refund. ANY contract can be cancelled within 3 days. This company is clearly fraudulent. I am stuck between taking it laying down or messing with it over $140.00. They know people will not hassle with it.

I think I shall suprise them. I'll be filing a complaint with every authority with any jurisdiction over the situation as well as emailing the info to everyone I know and urging them to do the same.

Corona, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2005 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefit-Group/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Platinum-Benefit-Group-fraudulent-deceptive-voice-mail-service-ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-159943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefit Group