Complaint Review: Platinum Benefit Group

• Submitted: Fri, September 08, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, September 08, 2006

• Reported By:Syracuse New York
Platinum Benefit Group
16807 U.S. Highway 19N Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Platinum Benefit Group ripoff in New York! Bank account 8 years established GONE! Clearwater Florida

I was contacted in April by a PBG representative who asked if I would like a chance to repair my credit. I was told that I would be issued a Mastercard only for the sole purpose of credit repair. I was going to be charged a one time activation fee of $129.99 and that would come out of my checking account. At no time during this conversation was I told that this is a card that I would need to LOAD FUNDS INTO!

I was a tiny bit leary when the rep asked how long I have had my checking account. I told her over 8 years and she was more than excited. This was the only indication that something deviant was about to happen and I shrugged it off because I really would like the chance to establish a good standing account.

The fee was taken out of my account as they specified (within 24 hours). I checked my account the following month and noticed a $14.95 fee and a $9.95 fee. I called the bank and told them that was not authorized. I further called PBG, Inc and told them that I wanted to cancel all benefits and no longer wanted them to charge my bank account (especially for voice mail service??!!)

To this day my account with my credit union has been closed. I am overdrawn owing money for bank fees and the money PBG collected from my bank. I just got off the phone with a manager named Chris and he told me I never cancelled my account with PBG. He said I would have gotten a confirmation number. I did not recieve a confirmation number. The representative who told me she cancelled my account did not give me one.

Is this what entrepreneurship is in America today? What right does a company have to call me and offer a ficticious benefit claiming to help my credit score that further puts my credit in harms way. How is it that they can electronically take my money but have no procedure in place to return my hard earned money should there be an error or in this case an outright deception! Who is regulating these people!

It is unfair to all who actually have services that can help others. It is these corporations that leave a bad taste in consumers mouths who thwart true potential growth for other honest companies. C'mon--- GET REAL!

poor in new york
Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2006 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefit-Group/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Platinum-Benefit-Group-ripoff-in-New-York-Bank-account-8-years-established-GONE-Clearwat-210099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefit Group