• Report: #200255

• Submitted: Mon, July 10, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 10, 2006

• Reported By:Rochester New York
Platinum Benefit Group
16807 US Highway 19 North - Suite A Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Platinum Benefit Group ripoff scam Clearwater Florida

The Platinum Benefit Group called me saying that I was approved for a credit card. I had just turned 18 and I was trying to apply for many cards so I figured I had applied for this one too. I gave them my bank account information, SSN, telephone number, everything that every other credit card company had asked for. They said there was a $124 signup fee I agreed to pay.

Here is where the problems began, what wasnt explained by the represenetive on the phone was that the card was nothing more then a debit card and that I had to first put money into the account before using the card. Also what was not said is that they also charge $9.95 to your bank every month!

This has caused insufficiend fund problems in my account, I cannot get ahold of anyone at customer service, they disconnect me every time. So far this card has cost me close to $300, and here is the best part.... I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVEM MY CARD, its been almost 3 months.

Dont be fooled by these people.

Eric
Rochester, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2006 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefit-Group/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Platinum-Benefit-Group-ripoff-scam-Clearwater-Florida-200255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefit Group