Complaint Review: Platinum Benefit Group

• Reported By:Hobe Sound Florida
Platinum Benefit Group
Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Platinum Benefit Group total internet Fraud. Clearwater Florida

My wife who is new to this country (from Thailand) though she was ording a credit card and gave this Platinum Benefit Group our checking account #. They withdrew $89 fee for the card. When I found out about it I called them and cancelled. They at that time told me they would refund any money they took.

Instead of refunding money they took a $12.99 fee for that month. I called them back with the confermation # they gave me #1534478 for the cancelled card. They told me that the cancelled card wasn't cancelled and before I knew it they took a nother $12.99 free for the next month. I had to put a stop payment on the company which cost $27. Now they told me they would send me a letter so I could get my money back It took many call's and about 4 weeks for that letter to come. It came I filled out why I didn't want there card and wanted my money back. I just got a letter back today saying "This Group Plan is cancelled and your checking account will not charged again. After a thourough review of this account, we regret to inform you that no credit is due".

I know it's not that much money but if there doing this to a lot of people I can imagine how much there ripping of people for. If any court action comes to them I would be happy to be a witness.

Hobe Sound, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2004 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefit-Group/Clearwater-Florida-33764/Platinum-Benefit-Group-total-internet-Fraud-Clearwater-Florida-87290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefit Group