• Report: #205036

• Reported By:Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Platinum Benefit Group
Clearwater, Florida U.S.A.

Platinum Benefit Group ripoff Clearwater Florida

I received a call from Kevin Spoonaker from Platinum Benefit Group offering me a Platinum Mastercard. He persuaded me to sign up for the card.

When he began to ask for my personal information, I became suspicious, and asked why they needed such things as my bank account number, and social security number. A lady nemed Penny came on and continued with the high pressure sales pitch. I tried to back out a few times, but together they convinced me to go on as they recordred my information.

I began to record the call myself. My gut told me something was really wrong with this operation, but it was too late as I had already given sensitive information to them.

I immediately called my bank after that. The line was busy so I went there in person and closed my account and set up a new one.
I am glad that I did this. I got online today, and decided to check out the fishy PNG. I came across this site and read about how many people were douped by theses crooks.

I have registered with the national "don't call" list, to help prevent dubious companies from entering my home through my phone. I am continuing to persue this with the Better Business Bureau and my Congressional Representatives.

This should not be permitted to continue.

Heather
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2006 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefit-Group/Clearwater-Florida/Platinum-Benefit-Group-ripoff-Clearwater-Florida-205036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefit Group