Complaint Review: Platinum Benefit Group

• Reported By:Farmington Hills Michigan
Platinum Benefit Group
www.platinumbenefitgroup.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Platinum Benefit Group Warning -- Rip Off Scam! Tampa Nationwide

I received a phone call from Platinum Benefit Group stating that I was approved for a credit card per my application.

When I asked who applied (as I know I did not apply for a card through them), they stated that I was rejected recently for a Visa card and they passed along my information to them. She then asked me two very generic questions (ok to answer) then forwarded me on to a "processor".

The Processor then went on to explain the same as above and that I was approved for a credit card through them. When I asked who applied, he stated that I had. When I rebuked, the processor got edgy with me and stated that this was nothing BAD against me, this was actually a BENEFIT for me and that I should "just give him the information."

He then proceeded to request my checking account number and my Social Security number. I refused to give him the information over the phone, so he referred me to a website and stated that I could not apply over the website, but could get general information. He refused to give me any information regarding fees or annual percentage rates, etc. -- only stated that I needed to view their website.

When I tried the website address he had given me, it showed up as non-existent. What a suprise.

Just a warning -- don't give your checking account or social security number to ANYONE over the phone unless you know WHO THEY ARE or YOU have voluntarily called THEM. If you do, you're opening yourself up to a MAJOR RIP-OFF!

Farmington Hills, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2004 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Platinum-Benefit-Group/nationwide/Platinum-Benefit-Group-Warning-Rip-Off-Scam-Tampa-Nationwide-87046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Platinum Benefit Group